Close
Wiresetc said:
Recently, lots of images have been posted as PNGs, yet still have a very low quality resulting in lots of JPEG artifacts (might be JPEGs converted to PNGs). Examples are Kancolle Visual Book, recent Dengeki Moeoh and recent Dengeki Hime. When I download a PNG, I expect it to be free of artifacts. I understand high quality PNG are not always available, but wouldn't it be better if these type of images are only posted as JPEG, so people would know it could have artifacts?
These png are merged from 2 jpegs.
That explains the artifacts. So why not save the merged JPEG as JPEG? The quality is not going to improve if you save as PNG.
No but the quality will get worsen and that's the last thing we want.

I do have special algorithm to improve the artifacts but others don't.
In which case we should hide the JPG download option.
Can not access to yande.re with enabled OCSP, because site uses revoked certificate, and have enabled HSTS...

And certificate also uses RC4, which support will soon be removed from all modern browsers.
not sure what to call it, "layered tag options" i guess

the idea is that users would be able to set the level of detail to which an image was tagged when they search for them, tied to what tags where included in the file name.

examples;
level 1 being <copyright><character name><artist name>
eg- spice_and_wolf holo kawakami_rokkaku

level 2 being <copyright><character name><artist name><main tags>
eg- spice_and_wolf holo kawakami_rokkaku animal_ears swimwear tail "others"

level 3 being <copyright><character name><artist name><main tags><general tags>
spice_and_wolf holo kawakami_rokkaku animal_ears swimsuit tail wolf_girl wolf_ears wolf_tail bikini "others"

with level 4 & maybe a 5th level for even more detail

this could allow images to be much more precisely tagged with whatever specific interest the user was seeking, without overly cluttering the tag list on the page or resulting in absurd lengths of file names that could result otherwise.

forgot to post this idea ages ago after realising we have no tag for arabian dancer/harem outfit or whatever the clothing in this image
https://yande.re/post/show/319649
is actually called
Does anyone know of a way to force browse mode to load the full size image when using F4 to browse to the next image?
Radioactive said:
Does anyone know of a way to force browse mode to load the full size image when using F4 to browse to the next image?
Wait you can use F4?! I always use mouse scroll or "S" or pg dn..
fireattack said:
Wait you can use F4?! I always use mouse scroll or "S" or pg dn..
https://yande.re/forum/show/15529
yande.re needs a better tagging system to have more detailed tags like danbooru does.

Obviously yande.re is the best most high quality anime imageboard in the internet (it even beats Konachan imo) and is like leagues ahead of danbooru but like the tagging system here is pretty bad. I think we should create more tags.
RunningOtaku said:
yande.re needs a better tagging system to have more detailed tags like danbooru does.
Hell, no. No-one will maintain them.
Hmmm...I probably got the wrong thread, but...

You know the Artstation uploads on Yande.re, like, for example, all of soo_kyung_oh's art here, are only samples, and I'm dying to replace all of them with the original resolution...but I heard a rule where you can't upload a batch of images at the same time.

Would be nice if I could do this, but I wanted to consult you all first before going right ahead.

I also left a comment on post #354457
Compare them carefully. I see JPEG artifacts.
van said:
Lol. Complete misinterpretation.
It's time we moved the minimum acceptable 'megapixel' up again.
post #364471 was deleted because: low-res

But I thought low-res with a PNG size of over 1.6Mb was acceptable?
mattiasc02 said:
post #364471 was deleted because: low-res

But I thought low-res with a PNG size of over 1.6Mb was acceptable?
1.6M pixels, not 1.6MB..
fireattack said:
1.6M pixels, not 1.6MB..
Wait...I'm confused :p

My computer says it's 2Mb
mattiasc02 said:
Wait...I'm confused :p

My computer says it's 2Mb
It IS 2MB. However, our limit is about 2M, in other words 2 million, pixels. This image has 1500x1033=1,549,500 pixels, which is less than 1.6M.
fireattack said:
It IS 2MB. However, our limit is about 2M, in other words 2 million, pixels. This image has 1500x1033=1,549,500 pixels, which is less than 1.6M.
Oh...I'm confusuud but thanks XD
mattiasc02 said:
Oh...I'm confusuud but thanks XD
Use this http://toolstud.io/photo/megapixel.php to check
Radioactive said:
Use this http://toolstud.io/photo/megapixel.php to check
Aww thank you <3
Recently I'm having browser's tab crash after reaching end of posts in 'browse' mode. Image scroll gets rewind to the beginning but after that I have no response and the only way out is to close the tab in the browser. JS console log is below.

• Started
application-867ebcc….js:9 Thumb scale: 1
application-867ebcc….js:9 PostLoader.load(undefined, undefined)
application-867ebcc….js:9 Received posts fewer than requested (27 < 100), clamping
application-867ebcc….js:9 image incomplete; can't render to canvas
15application-867ebcc….js:9 image incomplete; can't render to canvas
2application-867ebcc….js:9 image incomplete; can't render to canvas
application-867ebcc….js:9 PostLoader.load(true, undefined)
application-867ebcc….js:9 Received posts fewer than requested (27 < 1000), clamping
application-867ebcc….js:9 center-on-309370
6application-867ebcc….js:9 image incomplete; can't render to canvas
could a check-box for "wallpaper" be added with the others above the tag box, and beside the search entry?
would save browsing a lot of pages if results, or just the posts feed could be filtered like this.
Abraxas said:
could a check-box for "wallpaper" be added with the others above the tag box, and beside the search entry?
would save browsing a lot of pages if results, or just the posts feed could be filtered like this.
why not just use wallpaper tag?
fireattack said:
why not just use wallpaper tag?
"not to be used if the image is tagged as game cg". even those are often prime candidates for the tag.

i also suspect that people dont want to use it for images that arent 16x9 or 16x10.

changing it to a checkbox with more general use, gets around the first point, and clears up the second.
Abraxas said:
"not to be used if the image is tagged as game cg". even those are often prime candidates for the tag.

i also suspect that people dont want to use it for images that arent 16x9 or 16x10.

changing it to a checkbox with more general use, gets around the first point, and clears up the second.
Try height:1080 width:1920
fireattack said:
Try height:1080 width:1920
excludes all images that arent exactly that size.
this one for example post #387953
close enough to the right dimensions to work, though not 16x9. and nowhere near the specified size of your example.

im not posting this suggestion as a "help me find wallpapers", just in case i gave you that impression.
you know there are a lot of artwork here, and I only like a select few, it would be cool if you could filter not only by tags but something like no *this kind of art*
I mean I like cameltoes be I don't like camel toes with big boobs, or art with uneven proportions and stuff like that.
aktsumi said:
you know there are a lot of artwork here, and I only like a select few, it would be cool if you could filter not only by tags but something like no *this kind of art*
I mean I like cameltoes be I don't like camel toes with big boobs, or art with uneven proportions and stuff like that.
the site doesnt use such generic tags as big boobs, but you can put a - in front of the tag you want to hids

eg: touhou -wings or wings -touhou

this page gives all the options for how to filter searches
https://yande.re/help/cheatsheet