Close
This is sad
As long as there is nudity, no matter how bad is the artwork, it gets lots of votes. But if there is no nudity, no panties and no large portions of thighs or asses, it gets very few sometimes no votes at all.

for example image 43033 is done by a famous artist, although I don't remember his name. It has 8 votes.

image 42947 is a very bad nudity of Asuka, It's so bad I can boast that I can make it better. Yet it's got 49 votes.

and these aren't even the most extreme examples, they're just 2 random examples I saw on the same page, very close together.

I am of course not saying all echi images are bad, there are good ones and there are great onese.
Number 43288 is a very good one, so is 43275.
spoiler

Ever heard of "sex sells"?
Live with it. Nothing will change it.
You obviously do not see enough American commercials to be realizing this now.
Why does it matter what is popular? As long as what you like is available on the website it doesn't make a difference what everyone else likes.
That score doesn't effect any mods/scanners/uploaders.
No influence ヘ(゚∀゚ヘ)アヒャ

(I'm just thinking it's a system just copied from danbooru. why it's alive is just it's a tiny thing and has no power to harm the site)
I've honestly never taken notice to the vote system, and I most likely never will.
WTF Popularity? since we're eccentric persons who can't get along with majorities in the first place lol (⌒▽⌒)ノ_彡☆バンバン
If you came to see popular things on this site, you're in the wrong place :P
midzki said:
WTF Popularity? since we're eccentric persons who can't get along with majorities in the first place lol (⌒▽⌒)ノ_彡☆バンバン
If you came to see popular things on this site, you're in the wrong place :P
^ Loool 100% truth post.
same thing with any art website, can't do really anything about it. As Aurelia said: sex sells
Bleh. Popular explicit images are voted up by spoiler

Aurelia said:
Ever heard of "sex sells"?
This.
Ponnkun said:
You obviously do not see enough American commercials to be realizing this now.
And music videos too.

Well. I think a better scoring system would be nice because of the "order:score" tag.
On Danbooru, only moderators are allowed to vote. I think this would be an interesting option.
The votes of the select are about as interesting as the votes of the masses. Not at all.

Only reason for voting in my opinion is as a graded bookmarking system of sorts.
As long as you understand it now, that's all that matters. ^^