Close
Post browser
A new image viewer is available:

http://oreno.imouto.org/post/browse

This makes it easy to simply view images like a regular image viewer. Double-click the window and the UI gets out of the way entirely. Mousewheel switches images in fullscreen. It works best with a full-screen browser (usually F11).

This also introduces image frames. When viewing books with several images on the same page, each part is shown separately, which is much easier to view.

Desktop tips

Smartphone tips

Post frames

Implementation notes
is it just me or some of the images are not showing?...
Awesome idea, I'm testing it now.

BTW and even though it's a dumb question: would this work on a PS3?
I'd say that's amazing, thanks.
Ooh, I never noticed the lil navigation window at the top right till today. Is there a way to leave it open while hiding everything else?
WtfCakes said:
Ooh, I never noticed the lil navigation window at the top right till today. Is there a way to leave it open while hiding everything else?
Double click then keep your cursor hovering at it?

[edit]
Oh do you mean you want to always view in original size?
Naw I mean when viewing larger version (v), a lil navigation window pops up at top right.
If you hide the thumbnails and details info (space/doubleclick), the lil' window goes away too, which I'd like to keep open.

[edit]I mean this thing: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7198/navwindow.jpg
WtfCakes said:
Naw I mean when viewing larger version (v), a lil navigation window pops up at top right.
If you hide the thumbnails and details info (space/doubleclick), the lil' window goes away too, which I'd like to keep open.

[edit]I mean this thing: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7198/navwindow.jpg
Yeah.. but as petopeto said, "It disappears in fullscreen to get out of the way, but it'll appear if you hover over it".. Isn't it enough? :P
Oh...never noticed that untill you said so. o_0
Yeah it's good enough. :)
Ooh, it's pretty cool.
What about letting the thumbnails bar slide on its own on click release?
this is very interesting, I'm not sure yet if I like it or not... but still very interesting and kinda cool.

I very often save images that I like to my pc but in this viewer the images are smaller than in the normal preview and the name will always be "canvas" and not the post id... So I think I might stick with the old way even though this is kinda nice
Yeah you're right. It's not too friendly if what you want is download images. But I think it's in beta phase so it might get better later.
Right now it's good enough but to be ran on a local server. I'm implementing it on my local Naranai installation, heh.

One thing I noticed (in Opera) is that after I click on the + sign to see the larger version, then check another picture, and come back to the previous picture and try to see the larger version again, it won't show.
Details...
Peto, it's a very great idea and creation. The mousewheel and big preview are so innovating.
But it is still not much efficient in some points...
When viewing a post, the info on the left doesn't show the pool it belongs to.
Also, I couldn't spot the hidden posts tag anywhere.
And I think that the general tags should be displayed with more... Hm, attention. I can't explain much in English... In a most functional place.
But I think the pool and hidden post things are the most urgent ones.

Good luck on that!! It's already very useful and different (in a good way)
The point is viewing images, not tags, so they're kept out of the way; I think they're visible enough. If you want to view held posts, search for them as usual (holds:true/holds:only). Download posts with the download links in the info box--you really don't want to be saving sample images.

Images aren't smaller--the major point is to let them be bigger without having to scroll around, by getting the UI out of the way. Just doubleclick the window and fullscreen the browser.

I'm finding it more convenient than XnView; just need to improve on pool organization and file importing/exporting and it'll be close to usable for my local images...

- Disabled Canvas support on Opera to work around browser issues (doesn't make much difference on that browser right now; it's the fastest browser available for handling large images).
- Added an improved cropping interface for creating post frames.
That's one neat viewer, it's fast and easy to use. If you want to check on pools and stuff, just click the post number and it opens the regular page. This has been a great addition, a lot of other places could use something like that. Thanks.
I'll test it out on the iphone, see if its buggy or not.
Some pools that show post frames:

pool #264 - Takamichi - Love Works
pool #334 - Dengeki Moeoh 2009-02
pool #589 - Shimada Humikane - Art Works
pool #764 - Dengeki Otona no Moeoh 2009-Summer - Shimapan Bon
pool #878 - Headphone Girls
pool #1217 - Range Murata - futuregraph
pool #1226 - Afterschool of the 5th year (Kantoku) - Ashiato
pool #1292 - Afterschool of the 5th year (Kantoku) - HIIRAGI
pool #1306 - Dengeki-Hime Illustration Collection - Sweet Girls
pool #1313 - NEKO WORKs (Sayori) - Neko Bible
pool #1435 - Noizi Collection "H" Specialty 2001-2009
pool #1675 - Jiji - Splash One
pool #1770 - Fujiwara Warawara Artworks - Water Sprite
pool #1903 - Rabbit.net Chronicles 2004-2010
pool #1923 - Atelier Rorona & Totori Art Book
pool #1936 - M hatsudensho (Amimi) - amimi no eshigoto 2
Landscape view on the Iphone Safari isn't too effective as the image preview is much smaller than the image selection you can scroll on the bottom half. I'd recommend you view it on the vertical position.

ex. Horizontal
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/aoie_emesai/824d43cd.jpg

Vertical
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v639/aoie_emesai/f6397b63.jpg

The quality of the it is still pretty clean. You can double tap the selected image to zoom a bit but the pinch out method isn't working yet, nor is the zooming pinch in.
Landscape view is for viewing landscape images. You also need to hit + and "add to home screen" so half the screen isn't wasted by the browser. (I don't know why they use so much space for the browser on such a tiny screen.)
Thats pretty cool, though I kinda like the pages.
One issue:
When you hover your cursor on one of pics on the bottom it'll show a full-size preview image. But when move your cursor away, it wouldn't disappear.. It's kinda annoying when editing frames..<_<

Browser: Firefox 3.6
natsumenatsu said:
is it just me or some of the images are not showing?...
Same here. Would like to know why