Close
Cyberbeing said:
Ever since the server switch, I now seem to be getting a brief flash of a blank white page between each page load using Firefox 10. Is anybody else experiencing this now with Firefox? On the old server, I seem to remember, for example, new thumbnails on the \post page loading in-place without messing the background or outer ring (title, nav links, tags, page numbers).

Edit: Figured it out. It was a side-effect of Firefox Hardware Acceleration w/ this new speedy server. Pages are being served so goddamn fast on the new server (15ms ping + instantly maxing out the bandwidth on my FTTH connection), Firefox is trying to paint pages faster than Hardware Acceleration can kick-in. Either increasing nglayout.initialpaint.delay to some value >250 until fixed or disabling Firefox Hardware Acceleration entirely resolves the issue. Probably not much you can do on your end to help this, as this seems to just be a Firefox 'bug'.

Otherwise, through my testing during the past couple hours, the new server has extremely fast for both downloads and loading pages (at least at the moment with hardly anybody on it). It feels like the fastest server you've ever placed the site on so far. Hope it works out well.
I got same problem and closing hardware acceleration doesn't help ;_;