Close
How would you improve yande.re
Stealing this idea from Konachan.

Suggestions would be appreciated, I have a lot of time now so I don't mind learning ruby/rails to implement some of them.
XD
I stole tag changes from here anyway.
...oh hey I found this wishlist I made a while ago. Most of them are stolen from main Danbooru.

• Finding the old inline images somewhere?
  • Tag count metatags
  • File size metatag
  • Some sort of -parent:none or parent:true metatag
  • Metatag for flagged posts
  • Clicking on the ? next to a circle tag takes you to http://moe.imouto.org/artist/create?name=circle_name instead of the normal wiki page.
I think that's it for now.
about http://moe.imouto.org/artist
・sort option: date, post counts.
・hide aliased ones option
・make tag alias link

show file size, extension on the index

search option:-source:*pixiv (゚∀゚)b

when upload consecutively, auto-complete tags used a previous ones.
I wonder if Danbooru has this as well?

EDIT:
Nope.

Looks like the Admin wants a change of things now.
A bit of work on the pools would be nice.

Maybe have categories such as Circle, Artist, Title, and Pool Creator. Also improve pool search (currently very temperamental) and make pools search-able by the above categories.
-Could use a better mailing system. (In the persons account, have a send mail button, instead of having to put the name where Anonymous is located.)
-Find Comments posted by you and/or other members
-Show more posts on one page. (Have a drop box with 16, 32, and 64 posts per page.)
-Not that I don't like the style on this site, but have a different 'styles' people can choose from. (Choose from Default, Ice, Fire, Mountain, Forest.) Just a colour scheme.

That's all I can think of. :3
Ability to block a given user's posts. I.E. be able to add "user:gohanrice" to tag blacklist.

Edit:
kyoushiro said:
I don't see the point of that. Crappy posts get deleted quickly anyway.
I never said they were crappy; there's just some people that post stuff that I don't care to see.
gohanrice said:
Ability to block a given user's posts. I.E. be able to add "user:gohanrice" to tag blacklist.
I don't see the point of that. Crappy posts get deleted quickly anyway.
This won't really improve Moe but...I still want the Preview function on PMs and Comments (well there is the Edit button for that one after all).

Kovash said:
-Show more posts on one page. (Have a drop box with 16, 32, and 64 posts per page.)
I believe you can see more than 16 by.....doing something. Yeah I forgot where I was that time.
Somewhere in the Wiki state you can see more than 16 (petopeto was the last person that updated that page). Using "limitnnn" and something else for the method.

The reason it is default for that because seeing more can use a lot of bandwidth and it's not really good.
more radical thoughts:
.bilingual tag system showing originals and romanizeds at the same time
.web implemented image editer which have at least the color histogram tool
.the artist index page with thums and related links
.zip upload function which decompress files automatically and turn them into pools holding images

lol thoughts never end (*´∀`)
AZD-A9S said:

I believe you can see more than 16 by.....doing something. Yeah I forgot where I was that time.

The reason it is default for that because seeing more can use a lot of bandwidth and it's not really good.
Ha, you forgot. Maybe if I poke around I can find it.

And that is very true. There would have to be something server side and client side to reduce it somehow. Man it's been a while sense I've done this type of thing. I keep forgetting the little things like bandwidth.

AZD-A9S said:
This won't really improve Moe but...I still want the Preview function on PMs and Comments (well there is the Edit button for that one after all).
That's a really good idea. We have a preview for comments on the forums, why not when we are posting?
Kovash said:
"limit:nnn", such as black_rock_shooter limit:5.
I support these ones (collected from above):
  • -parent:none or parent:true metatag
  • -source:xxx metatag
  • Clicking on the ? next to a circle tag takes you to http://moe.imouto.org/artist/create?name=circle_name instead of the normal wiki page.
  • Better pool system, current one has a lot of bugs especially about parent/child ones.. (IMO, the 'edited version' isn't a good idea..)
  • Batch uploading (such as zip uploading)
One more thing, I wish the mods can see the deleted posts directly.
Only one thing that always bugged me and it's a bit of a brain breaker.
Beyond that just some random brainfarts.

- Extended family relations.
There's always a parent and children now. There's also what seems to be an inconsistent rule about only one parent to a load of child posts.

That's all well and good but I always feel that the same printed image should not be parent and child but siblings where further development of the image through photoshop or movement through a scene (think cg child posts).

And yeah, I fully understand just how fundamentally that would fuck up the database XD just saying it bugs me sometimes that there's only one relation you can make.

Further brainfarts:
- In line with thinking about blacklisting users, passing avatars and image thumbnails in the comments page through the blacklist would also be great. Though I suppose for ease of use you'd need to retain a link to the post the thumb or avatar came from.

- Expand the width of comments and forum posts. I understand it's set up for lower res usage now. (Heh high res scans in a low res friendly system). You could attempt to detect res and make it wider if there's space though or something like that. Or take the easier way out and just stick something in settings with a few presets. It wouldn't change much for small posts, it would help a lot with making walls of text more accessible.

- Tweak the link colour in quotes. The pink peachy colour doesn't work too well on light grey quote boxes =)

- Translate midzki-smileys into images. Nobody understands them, help us out here!!

- Hook comments and forum posts into google translate with another grey link at the bottom. I'm sure they've got some sexy api you can abuse for that with hot popups or hovering junk with the translated text in it. We are after all lazy and don't want to do all the copy/pasting ourselves. Pick the preferred language to translate to from Account settings - everybody happy.

- Detecting main used colour and adjusting background colour of jpeg samples for monochrome png transparant "vectors". While white linedrawn "vectors" work fine with the default black background, black and gray linework does not. Possibly attempt to detect its used colour by averaging it out with samples or taking the palette? Or just have it in the post image settings like parent and rating and regenerate the sample at some point?
Signatures.

You know you want them.
woo, that is a lot of work ahead of me.

Finding the old inline images, I think they can be regenerated

Additional Metatags, I need to see how they work currently and see if I can expand on it

Changing ? on circle should go to wiki instead of artist, I think that should be easy to fix

Adding sorting options on artist page, I think that should be easy to add in

Showing file size and extension on index, though the holding down shift way or though using the resolution bar?

I agree with the pools system a bit incomplete in usability. I'll see what I can do.

I like the idea of extended family relationships but I don't think I can implement it currently.

Auto detecting resolution and adjusting the site automatically to match is something I would like to do as well.

Internationalizing the tagging system, a expansion of alias where you can set a preference in what language you want the tags to be is something I've been wanting to do for the longest time however the logistics behind that requires a lot of community involvement to match up tags with whatever language

Better uploading, I'll see what I can do there, maybe a way where you can upload an archive and it'll automatically create the pool with the archive name and set all posts to hold.

I know I missed some other suggestions and I'll go though them again once I get some of these implemented.
I'm in agreement that the pool system, and parent/child relationships, needs an overhaul.
Chrissues said:
- Translate midzki-smileys into images. Nobody understands them, help us out here!!
This! xD
The "limit:n" tag is very useful, that is true.
I didn't know about this tag.
That's because the limit:n tag is not on the cheat sheet http://moe.imouto.org/help/cheatsheet

I suggest updating the Cheat Sheet with all the powerful tags moe imouto has.

Also, about held posts. I suggest not to encourage users to hold posts for too long time. At max 1 or 2 days. Otherwise the post will get rather old and harder to be found, since many others will "cover" their tags. Not to mention the "popular" section, which will surely be harder to reach for held posts. Those posts get rather forgotten and most of the held posts are bunch of high-quality scans.

A lot of people keep asking why those posts doesn't appear on the index, many users doesn't know about holds:true tag.

Also, thank you a lot for the new download JPEG feature! Thank you!! I am super grateful for it!
Debbie said:
Also, about held posts. I suggest not to encourage users to hold posts for too long time. At max 1 or 2 days. Otherwise the post will get rather old and harder to be found, since many others will "cover" their tags.
Not true. Activated posts go to the top of the both the general index or tag searches. Example: post #115697 that I just activated is at the top of both the index and maid, but has been held for 6 months.
I understand, I think holding posts is useful. It wouldn't be used if it weren't.
Nevermind my stupid request... But, I hope you understood what I meant. Thanks for your uploads MirrorMagpie, they are really good.

But please don't forget about the cheat sheet!
Debbie said:
Nevermind my stupid request... But, I hope you understood what I meant.
Don't worry about it. I was just pointing out there are no downsides to held posts :)
Debbie said:
But please don't forget about the cheat sheet!
Aurelia made one dope-ass cheat sheet.
My ideas:

>Some sort of poll system, with histograms based on results.
>Display of detailed data like "DPI" "Color profile" "bit depth" (PNG-JPEG metadata pretty much)
>Multi-upload (multiple entries with "browse" on the upload section)
>An inline-like "click over to show/compare to other post" for "fixed" images.Would tell instantly if the fix was poor or not.
I'd like to search by tagtype, like in danbooru, I mean;
gentags:2
Search for posts with two general tags (uses same syntax as id search).
arttags:2
Search for posts with two artist tags (uses same syntax as id search).
chartags:2
Search for posts with two character tags (uses same syntax as id search).
copytags:2
Search for posts with two copyright tags (uses same syntax as id search).
My comment:
It would be great if any of those improvement didn't cause some unneeded lag and make this site heavier...

But this site doesn't need anymore improve and it still great!

P.s. :And I really hope for more doujinshi-ssss(\\\^_^\\\)
MoeImoutoIsDaBest said:
See above.
general search which can search up artists, tags, pools, wiki at once, or expand the tag search also searches artists, pools, wiki. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

pool sort option: newly changed, name, posts count, e.t.c..
pool search: created by**, including posts with tag**, e.t.c..
Kovash said:
-Could use a better mailing system. (In the persons account, have a send mail button, instead of having to put the name where Anonymous is located.)
-Find Comments posted by you and/or other members
-Not that I don't like the style on this site, but have a different 'styles' people can choose from. (Choose from Default, Ice, Fire, Mountain, Forest.) Just a colour scheme.
2. You can already find them, but the results is simply confusing as the search engine on moe isn't very effective.
danbooru's search engine is the most undeveloped point in my opinion. it only focuses the tags and let others untouched. there are many parts need to be sophisticated.