Close
Why do you keep visiting?
Just a simple question, why do you keep visiting this site?

I'm interested in why people love this site so much (and are willing to send me death threats because they don't know the URL!)
first of all this site has a huge amount of pictures, also the tags are easy to understand. (Not too detailed but still fine) pretty much it really :D
I love the scans from Megami Pin-up and etc.
And this's the best site for Hi-res anime, game pictures. :D
Firstly for the beautiful pictures: this site doesn't get spammed with thousands of poor quality pictures everyday ^^ (it also makes it easier to keep track of everything that gets uploaded, I don't like missing stuff)
Secondly because of the nice people
Also the mods are great: Will listen to the users but are still strict when needed

I understand why people are upset about not finding the site, I panicked when I couldn't get here ^^
Because of the quality control. If I want terrible art, I can go to danbooru and/or gelbooru.
Great, high-quality images. It's really the easiest way to get current illustration doujins and artbooks, without bullshit watermarks or having to spend 'points' to see scans, etc. You share art for the sake of sharing it and you don't expect anything in return. And none of that "credit me for scanning!!!!!!!!!1111" garbage and watermarks.

Also, as a collector of artbooks and doujins, seeing the contents before buying them is a huge incentive. I'd rather not spend 60 bucks on a book and find out the inside sucks! Sometimes there will only be a few pictures I like inside, and in that case, I'll save my money and just download those pictures here.

And of course, I often discover new artists here!
well,.. um cuz this site is one of the best site to search for good art/pic/wallpaper etc :D just like konachan

i've been visiting this site since the URL is moe.imouto
Well can let you know that i'm getting those e-mails time to time, myself pretty much :P

Soo many expect to get things for free
pretty much the exceptional quality(-control) keeps me here, its quite different from most other image channels where every dumbfuck posts its own "art" without any quality police :x
(sorry, for my english, I'm not.)
I'm very happy to know this website first because I'm a young illustrator and It's hard to find on artists' website HQ pict of their work... While it's very cool to look at technic of color puting in HQ. I can zoom in and know if it's an handmaid pen line or a tablet line, I can observe (more or less) speed painting technics...
Moreover, it's good to know better names and works of illustrators if I want to work into this middle later. To put a name on my inspiration, to recognize more easily japanese artists... That's very useful.
I try to go on Pixiv but i'm not familiarized with japanese, and resolution and quality are random. Like on danbooru and co. About Danbooru, no limitations on tag is very helpful.
Before websites like TinEye and giigle image exist, I liked help friends to find back name of an illustrator or specific illustration they had seen. Tag system is very nice and easy to use too.

I didn't know where and how share why I like your website so much, but I said it here. Free sharing websites help passions growing. I've many artbooks I shouldn't bought without moe imouto (it still his name in my head~), and improve my technic and knowledge thanks this site.

Thank you admin2 ! (I hope I will earn money and donate early~)
Mainly because /HR/ turned to shit.

Should I even be posting in this thread?
Good quality high resolution pictures. Also, very easy to track one's artwork. I can easily search an artist and know what pictures s/he has done before.

Besides, there are enthusiastic people to maintain the operation of the site and highly skilled members to do all the scanning and fixing.

Edit: Oh, yeah. The file names. It was one of the best ideas to switch from MD5 to ID numbers. I can track the pictures much easier this way.
The quality control is the main thing for me. I can pretty much be guaranteed that yande.re has the highest quality version of any given image. Another factor I like is the filenames, unlike those at most other sites, the names are actually descriptive of what's in the file rather than an (effectively) meaningless jumble of numbers and/or letters.
Not really for us, Radio :P
Because I wuv you admin2.
I like this site, because there are lots of good pictures and the pictures' quality are perfect, I can also get some magazines or albums or fanbook or CG here. the tag is good,too. in one word, this site is the best picture sharing site I have ever seen, I love this site.
1. Mainly becauce there are high quality megazines' scans, such as Megami and Nyantype, both of them are kept being updated with a high frequency.
2. I also like the website's style, its black backgroud seems extremely clear and nifty.
3. I love imouto^ ,which is the most important reason.
thanks for all your responses!
1. Quality Images (Sometimes the original has too high quality = big file size so that I download the resized image instead of the original LOL)

2. Tags are great for finding related pictures, but since I visit here everyday I never miss a picture. But tags are really good for finding things (better than keyword since they are pics not topics)

3. It's a habit like visiting 9gag
To download some stuff. I don't get as many pictures as I used to before.
Back in the early days before the influx of Pixiv images here, it was rare to find a site which encouraged hosting high-quality/high-resolution PNG scans with no filesize limit, and without any additional user requirements, payments, or other b.s. required to access images in full quality.

I'd like to say this site was the first of its kind to offer free unlimited hosting dedicated to the the most space and bandwidth intensive images possible, 300dpi+ PNG scans. This was at a time when sites like Imageshack and other image hosters were limited to 1MB/image, and here you were allowing these massive 20-100MB PNG images to be uploaded.

Even to this day, I see digital sourced images here as only a bonus. The main draw continues to be the high-quality scans of artbooks, magazines, posters, dakimakura, stick posters, as well as the the occasional doujin and cd/dvd insert. Basically any and all unique artwork which doesn't have a high resolution digital source available elsewhere.
Cause there are tons of pics and the quality and the size of the images are really good
1). Efficiency; spend on minimum time then get great gains.
2). Love; on the artists more than scanners/uploaders/taggers/ e.t.c.
Many reasons of keeping visiting this site have been mentioned above. I would give another point: style.

I visit two sites where people post high-resolution pictures daily, but I like yande.re (or imouto) because there are fewer sexually explicit depiction pictures. I do respect the right to share these hentai pictures on this site, but I rarely click on them. Fewer hentai pictures also make me feel easier to open yande.re in public space, like Starbucks.

This is the crucial difference that makes me prefer yande.re rather than other similar sites. I think this style is created by the distinct community of yande.re users, and I would here thank admin2's effort to maintain this forum for the hobbists worldwide.
kurogane said:
Because I wuv you admin2.
Best response so far.
hahaha :P of course now.
FreeLeaf said:
open yande.re in public space, like Starbucks
ΣΣ(゚д゚lll)ガガーン!!
My reasons are also already mentioned but... anyway~

This is the first booru that came up to me and I had no need to look for others cause I have everything I want here =u=
I like the quality, the few-tags limit and how it is always full of people wanting to help improve the site, everything is so, tidy? (...I don't know how to explain it ._.) It also works to find new artists and discover different styles that I suppose will help improve my drawing skills someday... :_D
Favorites is like a folder and it is really useful. But well, I used to have favorites... cause they don't work for me anymore ;_;
And finally, if there was no blacklist I would probably not be here, because I don't like all this h-stuff and now I can stand it more or less but back then 3 years ago I got traumas every time lol~

FreeLeaf said:
to open yande.re in public space, like Starbucks.
I did it once with a friend of mine, but luckily nothing strange appeared yay (º ∀º)v

PS: Bad english, sorry ; △;
Nekotsúh said:
Favorites is like a folder and it is really useful. But well, I used to have favorites... cause they don't work for me anymore ;_;
How do they not work? I know that at least with chrome you can't click the stars but you can still use numbers 1,2,3 from your keyboard
I can't remember how I found this place but I still visit this place regularly as one of my sources to find art of series I know / love.

admin2 said:
Just a simple question, why do you keep visiting this site?

I'm interested in why people love this site so much (and are willing to send me death threats because they don't know the URL!)
Death threats huh? Pretty sure they regret that s*** if you do die and this place goes with you.
Azarel said:
How do they not work? I know that at least with chrome you can't click the stars but you can still use numbers 1,2,3 from your keyboard
long standing bug squashed! Thanks to edogawaconan again.. heh