Close
animefan01 said:
i think that the bad thing about being an illustrator for a living is that you cant actually pick what you want to draw and then drawing kinda would become more serious instead of being fun...
becoming a manga-ka is my choice because i'm free to express myself and make a living.
just a thought i thought i'd share.
I have friends and contacts that are either illustrators, artists, photographers and other fields of study that are within the art major. They all love what they do but often time you can't find work as simply you're now a part of a specialized niche. Unless you make it big big big, you'll have to work part time in another field just to make a living.

I have a close friend who is a photographer mostly doing weddings and event but she still manage a fast food restaurant since work isn't exactly lining up for her. Either way choose carefully if you plan on pursuing a career / education in it. You don't wanna end up as a debt slave to your debt.

Also I chose Engineering because I love it, i can find jobs (hopefully as there's actually a demand for them) and it creates more than enough capital for me to engross myself in hobbies such as drawing, photography, traveling, purchasing items, paying bills and buying anime merchandise "Dollfie Dreams, Tapestries, and Mitsumi Misato calenders :D."