Close
Aspiring manga-artists and illustrators.
So, what mad me join yande.re in the first place is the scans of tutorial books thread, because they were good references for drawing... now on day, fellow member akusapia suggested that there could be a thread about this particular subject.
Now I know that a lot of people are gonna say that there's already a "learn how to draw" thread but this one will be about being a mangaka itself, altho how to draw posts will still be allowed. here, you can share your ideas, talk about manga tools for drawing, talk about your favorite artist and why you like them ...
The important thing is that youenjoy yourself and learn about the job that is being a mangaka!
speaking about artist. is someone know what happen with tukinan i not see any of her new work at pixiv...? her web : http://celiced.cc/ also gone.....if someone know please tell me

anyway, ummm....@animefan01, why do you make 2 forum tread ?..to excited?
Some parts of this site is lagging. That would be my guess. I just made a PM and it sended two times. It's quite annoying. I wish I can delete that second repeat PM.
K@tsu said:
speaking about artist. is someone know what happen with tukinan i not see any of her new work at pixiv...? her web : http://celiced.cc/ also gone.....if someone know please tell me

don't know what happen! maybe net was a bit to slow and i clicked on post twice by accident... about you being aku, i kind of thought about that all that since you have similar pictures and are interested by the same things... the first time i talked to you on your new account, i actually thought i was replying to aku!!
K@tsu said:

about tukinan, maybe he died after the quake, and they closed her websites... you should check her last work on pixiv and see from when it's from. maybe she's sick, what is she exactly? i know her from the moe drawing book, but i was wondering what's her actual job (illustrator? animator?...)
AZD-A9S said:
Some parts of this site is lagging. That would be my guess.
well, AZD.. you may be can talk to checkmate or edogawaconan or maybe other moderator ...maybe they have can solve the problem...or maybe they can improve yande.re

animefan01 said:
since you have similar pictures and are interested by the same things
lol, well the same person after all (●´∀`●)

animefan01 said:
about tukinan, maybe ... after the quake, and they closed her websites... . maybe she's sick, what is she exactly? i know her from the moe drawing book, but i was wondering what's her actual job (illustrator? animator?...)
her last work in pixiv is before that disaster.....her actual jobs is illustrator..and one of my favorite artist..oh....died...? (T_T) well, i not sure but it's seem her home is near beach...well i hope the best for her
her last work in pixiv is before that disaster.....her actual jobs is illustrator..and one of my favorite artist..oh....died...? (T_T) well, i not sure but it's seem her home is near beach...well i hope the best for herfrom were are you from?
I suppose I'll break radio silence for this one.

Much like the OP; I too joined up for the scans of tutorial books section. In fact this website lead me to what I consider the best how to draw manga book I've ever read. I always carry it around with me in my backpack at school.

I actually have a fair amount of books that I import from japan on a regular basis, some are art instruction and some are illustration collections for games and such. I also download a ton of tutorials from pixiv. I feel like it just makes more sense to learn Japanese style from Japanese sources. I used to watch mark criley and read some of the bad american books because at the time that's all I knew existed. I gotta say that this website really put me in the right direction. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Has anyone ever thought about getting a translator for some of the uploaded stuff? I know it seems kind of selfish of me to ask considering I haven't contributed to anything; but i'm sure it would benefit a lot more people than just me. I know hiring for translation is very expensive but maybe someone who belongs to the site speaks Japanese? I dunno; just throwing the idea out there.

I also have plenty of questions to ask not about drawing but about some of the techniques that the artists use. For example there's a billion and one tutorials about how to do the inside of the eye in Photoshop and such, but I really need some help with shape design for the eyes and things like the outline of eye shapes. I always wondered if there was a place to ask such things. Maybe at like a con or something?

Anyways enough pratter. It's nice to meet you all and I hope to contribute with some book scans or something someday.
ShayminSky said:
Has anyone ever thought about getting a translator for some of the uploaded stuff?

I also have plenty of questions to ask not about drawing but about some of the techniques that the artists use. For example there's a billion and one tutorials about how to do the inside of the eye in Photoshop and such, but I really need some help with shape design for the eyes and things like the outline of eye shapes. I always wondered if there was a place to ask such things. Maybe at like a con or something?

Anyways enough pratter. It's nice to meet you all and I hope to contribute with some book scans or something someday.
★you also able to use this tread learn how to draw
★ well, let's hope someone who good at japanese and english will translate some tutorial
Eye or eye1 there nothing much that i could say, well i usually use experiment method , just pick one eyes style from your fave tutorial then use it, meanwhile try to develop your own eyes style.

Actually pixiv also had some group about how to draw.....but i don't know if they have receive question with english or not.....
Also you maybe can search drawing group at deviatart

★anyway i'm looking forward your scan book
anyway, you guys should know abut yuu KAMIYA, that actually is brazillian, that designed charas for itsuka tenma and that has his novel no game no life getting an anime adaptation in april! we should support him!
animefan01 said:
anyway, you guys should know abut yuu KAMIYA, that actually is brazillian, that designed charas for itsuka tenma and that has his novel no game no life getting an anime adaptation in april! we should support him!
emm...ecchi genre....?....i think will check again in April.
Recently I fell, less motivate .....i really want drawing so much....but somehow fell so lazy...and difficult to focus on drawing.....any suggestion ? inspiration ? or anything ?
K@tsu said:
Recently I fell, less motivate .....i really want drawing so much....but somehow fell so lazy...and difficult to focus on drawing.....any suggestion ? inspiration ? or anything ?
supercell or egoist music always works for me, you should listen to lovestruck by egoist ;)
animefan01 said:
supercell or egoist music always works for me, you should listen to lovestruck by egoist ;)
I see,so listening music, thank for your advice
and how do you can focus on drawing, i often distracted by doing unnecessary and useless thing...
K@tsu said:
I see,so listening music, thank for your advice
and how do you can focus on drawing, i often distracted by doing unnecessary and useless thing...
well, listening to music can be somewhat tricky sometimes, because if you start singing along, you won't draw at all, on the other hand, if you listen to music during like 15 minutes, you can get your imagination pumped up !
BTW sometimes, i'm felling like becoming an illustrator is like throwing my life awat, have you already thought of it like this ?
ShayminSky said:

Has anyone ever thought about getting a translator for some of the uploaded stuff? I know it seems kind of selfish of me to ask considering I haven't contributed to anything; but i'm sure it would benefit a lot more people than just me. I know hiring for translation is very expensive but maybe someone who belongs to the site speaks Japanese? I dunno; just throwing the idea out there.

sorry for the real late response, but eye design and stuff like that is something that comes later when your art style is all fleshed out. right now you should look at eyes you like and influence yours by them. watching anime is a great thing to do; when i started drawing, i use to sit down in front of the tv with a sheet of paper and i started sketching the eyes i liked, and now i draw eyes real fast and they look really good !
also watching anime will help you see what type of eye for what type of personality.

about translations, maybe if we could get somebody from baka-tsuki to translate for us, it could help but i remember a mod saying :"no request threads" so i thought i'd leave that subject for this moment.
good luck!
animefan01 said:
well, listening to music can be somewhat tricky sometimes, because if you start singing along, you won't draw at all, on the other hand, if you listen to music during like 15 minutes, you can get your imagination pumped up !
Usually I draw while lightening to the music,....but recently ...i often spacing out and ended chatting on chatango for long periods...ugh
animefan01 said:
BTW sometimes, i'm felling like becoming an illustrator is like throwing my life awat, have you already thought of it like this ?
Awat? you mean away.. right?
Honestly that happen sometimes....i have been drawing for long time...well...and....drawing for so long...yet still far far away from pro .....yeah..looks so tired...more over...somehow.......anyway...i'm listening to this song
i have written many stories and i like them. but, i know most of the people here want to be illustrators, but i want to be an actual manga artist. i pass every of my days filling up plot holes but when i look at some drawings here on yande.re, with magical fantasies and stuff like that, i feel like being a freelance artist.
I'M DYING, WHAT DO I DO ? as anybody already felt this way?
animefan01 said:
i have written many stories and i like them. but, i know most of the people here want to be illustrators, but i want to be an actual manga artist. i pass every of my days filling up plot holes but when i look at some drawings here on yande.re, with magical fantasies and stuff like that, i feel like being a freelance artist.
I'M DYING, WHAT DO I DO ? as anybody already felt this way?
Dear, animefan
if you wanna became mangaka...then just do it...be your self...the reason , i wanna be illustrator is because i'm not really good at making story(since it take a long time)

...so just follow your heart.....don't be afraid ..when you see inside your heart...you will finally find the true there inside hero inside of you , and there's always miracles
I hope the best for you, Good Luck
May be everybody already know about this
Can you guys help me?
#1: What do you call Manga artists & drawing Japanese artists like Kayura Yuka, Tanihara Natsuki, Carnelian and such? They are Illustrators right?
Is Mangaka how it sounds in their language? Is that the term?

#2: Going by the right term for #1, how does it properly write in their language? This is what Google gets me:

Artist: アーティスト
Illustrator: イラストレーター

I want to find this out because we do have official images that uses the word in Japanese and after it would be the person's name. It would help even if a little.

It says it somewhere in images like this.
That's an Anime image by the way. I used it for an example. They got Staff and Cast written in English but artist or illustrator or the person who did this, which is tagged Shimazawa Noriko here, art has to be in Japanese somewhere.

On a different note, I wonder what made Pixiv started using English, French and such?
AZD-A9S said:
Can you guys help me?
#1: What do you call Manga artists & drawing Japanese artists like Kayura Yuka, Tanihara Natsuki, Carnelian and such? They are Illustrators right?
Is Mangaka how it sounds in their language? Is that the term?

#2: Going by the right term for #1, how does it properly write in their language? This is what Google gets me:

Artist: アーティスト
Illustrator: イラストレーター

I want to find this out because we do have official images that uses the word in Japanese and after it would be the person's name. It would help even if a little.

It says it somewhere in images like this.
That's an Anime image by the way. I used it for an example. They got Staff and Cast written in English but artist or illustrator or the person who did this, which is tagged Shimazawa Noriko here, art has to be in Japanese somewhere.

On a different note, I wonder what made Pixiv started using English, French and such?
ah..AZD...that's complex question...is beyond my knowledge, ok i will try to answer

there's no words absolute ....some artist maybe : both mangaka and illustrator at the same time... but some time there also only mangaka or only illustrator...

Kayura Yuka, Tanihara Natsuki is mangaka (comic maker) and illustrator...meanwhile Carnelian is doujinka(doujishi/fan comic maker) and illustrator....

how to write...? i don't know ...when you see picture....you will see:
イラスト=illustrator...you will find artist name.....in anime usually the image made by another people ---or design character =キャラクターデザイン。

Pixiv...started using english because...there number member from outside japan keep increasing
i thought i'd revive this thread by showing this :
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rosario-Vampire-Evolution-351982600
it's just that i thought i'd show how much an artist has improved in ten years...
i've been following this manga since 3 years and i was amazed of how much the art improved throughout the years.
this
animefan01 said:
i thought i'd revive this thread by showing this :
http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rosario-Vampire-Evolution-351982600
it's just that i thought i'd show how much an artist has improved in ten years...
i've been following this manga since 3 years and i was amazed of how much the art improved throughout the years.
this
not just rosario to vampire. i see many improvement in one piece, bleach, and naruto..

for anime....well every anime have different artist to take care the design character,....also don't forget about budget ....well from that picture i can see ...the artist have different drawing style ...one bishounen meanwhile on anime..regular.. manga style..probably they make that based early manga
K@tsu said:
not just rosario to vampire. i see many improvement in one piece, bleach, and naruto..

for anime....well every anime have different artist to take care the design character,....also don't forget about budget ....well from that picture i can see ...the artist have different drawing style ...one bishounen meanwhile on anime..regular.. manga style..probably they make that based early manga
i wish guilty crown had kept the redjuice designs, it looks so childish and shonen like in the anime...
animefan01 said:
i wish guilty crown had kept the redjuice designs, it looks so childish and shonen like in the anime...
ahh...well that's depend on anime studio decision
K@tsu said:
ahh...well that's depend on anime studio decision
hey, since you want to be an illustrator, if you ever worked on light novels that got anime adaptations, how would you feel if they changed the character designer? i mean it was your hard work...
animefan01 said:
hey, since you want to be an illustrator, if you ever worked on light novels that got anime adaptations, how would you feel if they changed the character designer? i mean it was your hard work...
............you maybe already know what my answer.....and i think all professional illustrator ....also had same answer.....that's the reality.....ah.....this the only answer i have ...i still not really know much about this business
K@tsu said:
Guess i'll join in. I doubt anyone can keep up that "motivation" or "inspiration" to keep them drawing during all times. I think the best way to keep an open mindset, explore, expose and immerse yourself in a different situation or environment.

So what now? Simply you can either be disassociated from the norm and create something very distinct or take an already existing idea and improve. Usually it's the latter.

Personally I think the best way is exposure and consume some new materials, either that be a new langauge or different mindset. Anything can be converted into a anime, being intangible conscience thoughts, or a deathly situation. As such never stop that exposure.
i think that the bad thing about being an illustrator for a living is that you cant actually pick what you want to draw and then drawing kinda would become more serious instead of being fun...
becoming a manga-ka is my choice because i'm free to express myself and make a living.
just a thought i thought i'd share.
aoie_emesai said:
I think the best way to keep an open mindset, explore, expose and immerse yourself in a different situation or environment.
Thanks for advise, Aoie ヾ(@^▽^@)ノ

animefan01 said:
becoming a manga-ka is my choice
just a thought i thought i'd share.
Everybody have their own choice (`・ω・´)”