Close
Comments on the new 1.6MP upload restrictions
Please keep your comments/complaints here please.
Considering:
-Most of the content on the last years is digital art from Pixiv and others
-The Pixiv maid's contest brought a lot of smaller resolution images for the last weeks, and the user Ferkunxd uploaded a lot of images at the same time. If there was a "recent influx", it was just that.
-But that recent influx proves that a lot of good stuff would stay out with a strict resolution limit
-While having standards is good, the industry is no better than before
-Such measures disencourage user contribution
-It's not even easy to comply since it's a proportion, an extra field for MP size on post information should be implemented.
-If mods and scans are exempt from this rule, that would make it inconsistent (maybe one of the most inconsistent of all our rules), lessening the image of the board.
-etc
It's a bad move that apparently pretends to keep the site's standards but it's mostly a way to have less "work" managing the site.
-Most of the content on the last years is digital art from Pixiv and others
This site is not a pixiv dump.

-The Pixiv maid's contest brought a lot of smaller resolution images for the last weeks, and the user Ferkunxd uploaded a lot of images at the same time. If there was a "recent influx", it was just that.
It was from everyone, not just a single user.

-But that recent influx proves that a lot of good stuff would stay out with a strict resolution limit
Then be it

-While having standards is good, the industry is no better than before
-Such measures disencourage user contribution
If user contribution is taken from low resolution pixiv work, I don't want them. I also asked and everyone agreed with me.

-It's not even easy to comply since it's a proportion, an extra field for MP size on post information should be implemented.
It's already implemented but it's visible in the mod queue only.

-If mods and scans are exempt from this rule, that would make it inconsistent (maybe one of the most inconsistent of all our rules), lessening the image of the board.
What? Mods are not exempt from this rule. Scans do though, I don't see how it is inconsistent in anyway.

It's a bad move that apparently pretends to keep the site's standards but it's mostly a way to have less "work" managing the site.
Actually, more work, because more images will be sent to the mod queue. This include contributor's one.
yeah I think the point is what yande.re is.

It's supposed to be an imagboard to collect scans, or at least hi-res images, not a site to collect all high-quality (in term of aesthetics) images.

Especially talking about pixiv, what not just go there? If you want "selected" content we already have danbooru and many others. Sure, yande.re was more selective than danbooru, but there is no essential difference. Also by using followed artists, various rankings, and order by scores (need premium or scripts), finding decent images on pixiv is already very easy on its own I'd say.
fireattack said:
yeah I think the point is what yande.re is.

It's supposed to be an imagboard to collect scans, or at least hi-res images, not a site to collect all high-quality (in term of aesthetics) images.

Especially talking about pixiv, what not just go there? If you want "selected" content we already have danbooru and many others. Sure, yande.re was more selective than danbooru, but there is no essential difference. Also by using followed artists, various rankings, and order by scores (need premium or scripts), finding decent images on pixiv is already very easy on its own I'd say.
That's what I been wanting to say but...who wants to listen to a non-Mod like myself?
This site is not a pixiv dump.
LOL.

Well, in my opinion there's a HUGE amount of images coming from Pixiv. Obviously most of them are uploaded by "high level" users, because they don't have to get their uploads approved.
RaulDJ747 said:
LOL.

Well, in my opinion there's a HUGE amount of images coming from Pixiv. Obviously most of them are uploaded by "high level" users, because they don't have to get their uploads approved.
Not since the new rules are in place, even mods uploads are blocked. There is some leniency on releasing images just over 1.6MP, but anything below it will be deleted with no exceptions (Other than if it was a scan vs digital original)

Don't go by the colour of the bar in the index, as I've asked Checkmate to look at the criteria it uses.
RaulDJ747 said:
LOL.
there's a HUGE amount of images coming from Pixiv
That's why we changed the rules?
Radioactive said:
Not since the new rules are in place, even mods uploads are blocked. There is some leniency on releasing images just over 1.6MP, but anything below it will be deleted with no exceptions (Other than if it was a scan vs digital original)

Don't go by the colour of the bar in the index, as I've asked Checkmate to look at the criteria it uses.
fireattack said:
That's why we changed the rules?
Oh yeah so... if they're bigger than 1.6 MP it's OK if they're from Pixiv? Even though when you all say that there should be NO Pixiv images here because they're already uploaded on Pixiv? Why don't you just forbid Pixiv uploads?
You're misinterpreting Checkmates comment.
Radioactive said:
You're misinterpreting Checkmates comment.
Oh, sorry... Could you explain it for me in that case? Thanks.
'This site is not a pixiv dump'

This doesn't mean you are banned from uploading high quality original digital artwork from pixiv or other sites. High quality digital artwork is still welcome, but in moderation and within the 1.6MP minimum resolution.

Checkmate wants us to concentrate on the strongest part of this site which is the scans.
Radioactive said:
Oh.. it's that so... I've got it now.

I took "Especially talking about pixiv, what not just go there?" from fireattack too seriously, because I thought that the best thing would be to not upload any Pixiv images at all.

Thanks.