Close
Adding ads for a month
I was thinking of adding ads on the footer for a month to see how much I could make.

Any objections?
As long as they don't use flash, sound, or spew viruses and spyware when clicked or loaded, I don't have a problem.

If you were planning to get those type of annoying ads, I would likely end up blocking them. Most people probably wouldn't block them so they may still be more profitable then something like adsense.

All and all, it's your site and I enjoy moe.imouto.org so do what you feel you need to do to keep the servers running.
Simple Google ads are fine, but if we end up with annoying pop-ups etc I'll be switching Adblock plus back on.
Fine for me..i leave adblock plus off for moe...just don't put sound or flash ads cuz they'll break my FF :p.
Radioactive said:
Simple Google ads are fine, but if we end up with annoying pop-ups etc I'll be switching Adblock plus back on.
Google ads won't work on any site who got adult content, so your out of luck with google ads.
none from me also. I'll leave adblock off as long as they aren't way too annoying.
those "annoying" ads and pop-ups are the ones that would make the most money for the site.

Ads aren't a concern anymore. People who don't like them are already using ad block, and people who don't care continue to not care. Do what you need to support the site.
Ads are not required to support the site, I was hoping to raise cash to buy a new server to colo it locally
admin2 said:
Ads are not required to support the site, I was hoping to raise cash to buy a new server to colo it locally
Not a big deal to me, also I have an idea of how much it costs to maintain a server. Which ad provider are you going to use?
I don't mind. As long as it isn't that intrusive "you have won an IPOD" ^^
Isn't there any sites with "related" material that you could use? I remember that the old and perhaps "new" and bloated danbooru used to/have this...
saki.imouto gone or simply down?

also site suffered great speed reduce
MDGeist said:
saki.imouto gone or simply down?

also site suffered great speed reduce
Wrong thread to post this to, but yes the site is horribly slow at the moment.
I've added one ad, I hope everyone doesn't mind.
It's not a bother at all. It's nonintrusive :)

I wonder what they have for sale ^^
aoie_emesai said:
It's not a bother at all. It's nonintrusive :)

I wonder what they have for sale ^^
https://www.samuraired.com/12_Sakuraba_Kazushi_2nd_Ver.html?pcat=
moemoe :D
Radioactive said:
https://www.samuraired.com/Household-Shinto-Altar.-small.html (I hate to think how much the large one costs)
my parent's home has larger one :3
Could someone explain how (in this case, this one) ads work? Do you get paid for the space/time they occupy, or is it some kind of click to get payed thing? I know it's similar to how "ads" in mags work.
Bug D: https links don't get converted
ok well, ads again this time for 6 months since that's what I agreed on.
Where will they be appearing? O.o

Edit: I see where. In posts. Not bad anime-related. I can live with if not go to em. ; )
I was wondering when you were going to add them. Don't have to bookmark J-List anymore. I'll just click on the ads here to send me there.
The ads are working already. Check this out:

Moe Moe Ghost (ZERO) Encyclopedia Youkai Jiten:
http://www.jlist.com/PRODUCT/PAB729

I hope someone can get some scans of this up.
bump

I put ads up as a favor for a friend, if you notice anything weird (like ads in wrong place) let me know
Can't the index one be less invasive? It keeps shoving the tags away (because Higurashi one has a dimension typo).

Incidentally, a little less sensible naming will bypass ABP. Atm it is picking up the dimensions in the url. I certianly have no reason to add filters for them, they are neither impeding use of the site nor annoying.
can i get the file name that is having that problem
I hate MangaGamer and I hate Higurashi. Is there some kind of premium account that I can subscribe to to remove those banners?
any reason for the hate?