Close
Updating the wiki
It's hard to understand everything that goes on at Moe. Even if you read the help pages, it's still pretty confusing...and there are several more advanced features that you can only learn by reading the forums. The help pages are outdated copies from the main Danbooru. This is, to me, why most of the good tagging and posting is done by a very small group of people compared to the volume of traffic and uploading, and why we have many people messing up when they first come here.

Updating the help files and the ToS (which we talked about a couple months ago, but I don't think anything ended up happening) would be helpful, but I think we have something more useful - the severely underused wiki. Currently, there are fewer than 100 pages. I can see that we've been a little bit better about it recently (Radioactive's tag colors page, vistigris' pages for some of the less self-explanatory gen tags, petopeto's guides). There's a link to the wiki right next to every tag, so why don't we use it? I saw that Danbooru has been writing some howto: guides recently, and I think that would help us too.

tl;dr - let's use the wiki. Can start by copying pages from Danbooru's wiki.
Adding howto: guides seems like a good idea. I'll try to add some later for things that I've seen people ask about multiple times. So far, I think I'll add pages for

Blacklist - howto:blacklist
Rate - howto:rate (Aurelia copied over Danbooru's. Thanks.)
Tag

I tend to be confusing when I try to explain something, so if anyone wants to edit what I wrote to be more clear, feel free to.
I'll try to update the wikis for the more confusing tags.
We should probably also try to update artist's pages more. If anyone wants to copy some of Danbooru's artist information, that would be a help.
Several other places are already doing artists (http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki, http://doujinshi.mugimugi.org). Duplicating them here isn't a good use of effort.
I've added
howto:pools (this one ended up being very tl;dr)
howto:upload
I can add a few more quick general ones tonight. Longer ones like a parent/child guide, artist/circle listing and how to use find similar will be tomorrow.

petopeto said:
Several other places are already doing artists (http://danbooru.donmai.us/wiki , http://doujinshi.mugimugi.org). Duplicating them here isn't a good use of effort.
I've been adding a lot of artist entries lately, but it took me quite a while to realize how I should use it. Part of the problem is that all this artist info isn't connected. We're linked to Danbooru through the "find similar" link, and to e-shuushuu from piespy's page, but no link to MugiMugi's site or pretty much anywhere else unless you list it manually in an entry.
I'm not sure if linking of DDB is necessary, but I do use their site for a lot of my references. Linking it could be useful for members looking for other books from that artist.

I might have to go do that for the artist we have.
I've moved across, and changed, the Danbooru comment Wiki howto:comment
I've also added added the changed ToS to terms_of_service but further work is needed. Please read and amend as you think necessary.
Radioactive said:
I've also added added the changed ToS to terms_of_service but further work is needed. Please read and amend as you think necessary.
It has been pointed out I have put Bestiality in two places, but that is deliberate.

It is still a work in progress.
Radioactive said:
It has been pointed out I have put Bestiality in two places, but that is deliberate.

It is still a work in progress.
The prohibited content vs. extreme_content part always confuses me, but I'll leave that to someone else because I don't upload that and I don't want to start another argument.

I made howto:parent/child. I think I'm forgetting some instances, so feel free to make changes. I've also touched up a couple of the previous articles.

I want to group all of these howto: articles together on another page. Suggestions for the name? "howto:use everything"?

I also want to write something about hiding posts from the index, but I'm not sure where to include it, or if I should just make a new article so that it's not buried under all the tl;dr.
Real life CP/Bestiality is prohibited. Simple as that.

The extreme_content tag is going to be added to the default blacklists when petopeto has some time. If anyone is uncomfortable with guro, and drawn bestiality, then they can simply add the tag to their blacklist.
Aurelia said:
I want to group all of these howto: articles together on another page. Suggestions for the name? "howto:use everything"?
howto:do everything
howto:guidelines
howto:articles

I also want to write something about hiding posts from the index, but I'm not sure where to include it, or if I should just make a new article so that it's not buried under all the tl;dr.
Copypasta the article that petopeto wrote in the forum on post hiding and make it into another howto:
Radioactive said:

Real life CP/Bestiality is prohibited. Simple as that.

The extreme_content tag is going to be added to the default blacklists when petopeto has some time. If anyone is uncomfortable with guro, and drawn bestiality, then they can simply add the tag to their blacklist.
Ah, I see. Was it already added to people who were registered at the time? I remember going to my settings to add extreme_content, but finding it was already there.

Copypasta the article that petopeto wrote in the forum on post hiding and make it into another howto:
Will do.

I've got these left:
hide
hold
artist db
shortcuts
atom/favorite tags

After that it's a problem of making sure people see these. One thing would be to ask petopeto to add the little question mark links to the wiki in the tag listing. Then, maybe adding them in strategic spots around the site (ex howto:comment on the comments page).
Aurelia said:
Ah, I see. Was it already added to people who were registered at the time? I remember going to my settings to add extreme_content, but finding it was already there.
Must have missed that.

One thing would be to ask petopeto to add the little question mark links to the wiki in the tag listing. Then, maybe adding them in strategic spots around the site (ex howto:comment on the comments page).
As long as we don't get as bad as Konachan in being helpful (No insult intended Shuugo) A simple neat unobtrusive link. We like to keep the site in a Zen-like format.
Aaand, I'm done.
howto:do everything

Does it actually say anywhere on the site what the image requirements are? (I tried to put this in the upload article) I remember reading it when I first came here in early 2007, but I can't seem to find it now.

Right now there's not even any guarantee that people will read the full articles and help cut down on the level of stupid...the average attention span seems to be way too short.
I'll be updating the help links to go directly to the wiki instead, thanks for all your hard work.
See I'd like to write about yaoi and yuri, but people just brand hugs/embraces as "above", there is shounen-ai and shoujo-ai for those that haven't heard about that before. But I do not understand how to write/edit or rather add stuff to the wiki. I checked the links, but have no idea on headers and such.

Do I add [h4]bla bla [/h4] or <h4>bla bla</h4>

I assume #2, but in order to try it out, I'd have to create an wiki entry :s

Also post #69104 is not yuri however you look at it. Embarrassing yes, but not yuri, as in having sexual contact, such as stimulating pressure points around our womanhood etc. The act of "breast grabbing" is more suited as something more of a embarrassing yet shameful act, depending on the public (say inside gym, were you group a friends breasts, say in the shower(s) or in a sauna, or any other place which would seem a more fitting place rather that "out in the open".

Some countries shake hands, other kiss (on the cheeks), hug, to make contact etc. Be it a custom or friendly greeting. But please do not miss-tag pics with tags that do not belong there. It's like calling someone using goth style emo. When goth and emo is 2 different things. (and no you don't listen to heavy metal when embracing goth theme, you just don't!)
Feito, you can test out your formatting with http://textile.thresholdstate.com/
Feito said:
See I'd like to write about yaoi and yuri, but people just brand hugs/embraces as "above", there is shounen-ai and shoujo-ai for those that haven't heard about that before.
Can you start a new forum thread for this please? We can discuss it there.
Can you avoid linking to the Terms of Service in the Wiki? It still a work in progress.
Radioactive said:
Can you avoid linking to the Terms of Service in the Wiki? It still a work in progress.
I've removed it from the do everything page (upload article links to prohibited content). Add it back when you think it's ready to be there.
Aurelia said:
Add it back when you think it's ready to be there.
We'll have to wait to see if admin2 wants to use it.