Close
Should we allow AI art?
With the advent of NovelAI, a large number of AI artworks flooded Pixiv,I am personally against AI art.Art is a diverse range of human activity, and resulting product, that involves creative or imaginative talent expressive of technical proficiency, beauty, emotional power, or conceptual ideas.In my opinion, AI just plagiarizes a lot of works created by artists and generates images through deep learning algorithms,this is not art.What is your opinion?
I agree. It's not technically art if it's about taking different artworks and merging them into one. Just like in Danbooru and Gelbooru, this should also be forbidden in Yande.re, even more given the limited amount of tags available here compared to other sites, which would make it even harder to tell if an artwork is original, a paid reward or AI-generated.

Personally, I consider this is a bit like third-party edited posts, something I have already blacklisted.
我也不想要AI图充斥着图,污染图库。
red_destiny said:
我也不想要AI图充斥着图,污染图库。
AI绘画这种东西完全是个缝合怪,滥用大量画师免费分享的图去训练模型,通过算法组合生成图像,根本就不能称之为画,也不需要画师同意的,yande.re应该绝对禁止上传AI绘画作品,这是对艺术家的尊重。从另一方面,AI可以无限生成图像并且效率远高于艺术家,A100显卡配合NovelAI一晚上可以生成上万张图像,这是对服务器存储的浪费,我也不喜欢图库里充斥着大量AI绘画作品。
Agree.
I think we need fault tags something like novel_ai or ai_art, then Admin/Mods can mass delete them.
P站做為一個最大的繪師創作網站到現在竟然還沒有針對如何處理氾濫AI圖的政策有夠匪夷所思
Absolutely no. And it can be expected there will be tons of generic ai art posted, and probably, in the near future, it will be even hard to distinguish it from "human", so this must be stated in rules and in upload page to NOT UPLOAD AI SHIT.
It's not like the most of pixiv art is not by design shitty and generic enough you want to puke. And now mods and escpecially you have to sort ai crap from pixiv "art". 2022 is the year that keeps on giving...
Given a few more years, it will be impossible to distinguish AI-generated art from "Real" human-generated one - we're just delaying the inevitable at this point...
I don't think it should be allowed even if we look at it from AI art enthusiasts' perspective. The best anime art models are trained on data from boorus, it would be absolutely terrible for newer models if they'll end up training on AI art, creating a really weird feedback loop of AI teaching itself and most likely reinforcing its existing issues.
banning it just because of the creators ai nature is an act of utter futility. the greatest impact such action will ever have is those in control of the ai creating personas as facade for the ai and continuing anyway, with mods and users here in utter ignorance of it.

the future world is one where ai will generate adverts in moments specifically tuned to your personal aesthetic tastes. and mamorial weaknesses.

there is already more high quality web art created daily than this site can process even within the 'anime' aesthetic its bias towards. some of the web art image traffic on the web being ai generated wont change that. even if another inconsistent rule is included to try and exclude sections of it.

many of these images have obvious flaws and poor resolution. for now. enforce quality control on those basis. add a tag for those who wish to blacklist it.

KHSG said: This'll make it (and even more in the future) harder to distinguish them from artworks made traditionally. Either artists are scamming with this or the limited amount of tags on Pixiv hides the fact.
same things where said about digital art.
buckle in and hold on, and hope your government introduces UBI before your job gets automated.

edit:
case and point for how these images can be shit-canned simply on the basis of quality
https://yande.re/post?tags=yeon-kun
all images with this tag have abysmal quality. the aliasing and colour speckle in all of them are eyebleed before getting to my own pet peeve of trash anatomy.
Artemiy said:
I don't think it should be allowed even if we look at it from AI art enthusiasts' perspective.
So far result of AI art are upscaled and quality really bad, even though format file is .png.
Someone already create site just for AI art > https://aibooru.online/posts

fatmangoth said:
so this must be stated in rules and in upload page to NOT UPLOAD AI SHIT.
That's right. Other imageboard has "Upload Guidelines" in their upload page but no with Yande.
You can generate ai-pics with your consumer GPU, so that takes a few retards with rtx to become "artists" in a few hours.
I asked admin to update and add guidelines regarding ai-generaed and ai-assisted works. Hope this will help in the future.
fyi we're living in wrong and quite dark timeline.
VOTE NO NOW!!!
No and never.

除非这玩意得到了广泛的道德约束和法律管制,否则它作为一个既不具有足够生产力,又不具有艺术解放性的工具,我认为不应该出现在此。
Any progress being made on this? I'm seeing a LOT of AI art being uploaded and really want to blacklist it, but can't without appropriate tags. Deleting entirely is preferable, but tags are needed at a minimum.
The US Copyright Office has just ruled against copyright protection for AI generated works.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/us-copyright-office-rules-ai-generated-artwork-content-not-legally-protected/ar-AA17RauI

Of course that is only the US. Any other countries have gone in the that direction?
Genex said:
The US Copyright Office has just ruled against copyright protection for AI generated works.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/us-copyright-office-rules-ai-generated-artwork-content-not-legally-protected/ar-AA17RauI

Of course that is only the US. Any other countries have gone in the that direction?
Sounds fair considering lots of AI models are trained with copyrighted material.

It should also be trivial for *real* artists to edit/modify upon whatever AI generated to a point that it should then have its own "proper" copyright. AI as a tool could continue to be useful in this regard, for better or worse.
No.

AI art is currently incapable of meeting the quality criteria of this site.
我覺得站上的疑似AI圖越來越多了
反正P站上不註明AI也沒轍轉的人也不在乎品質反正用力傳就對了