Close
Megami 37-111 give away
Hi,

I like those megami scans some of you have made. I would like to see it nearly completed, so I will offer the Megami issues 37 to 111 for free.

There are certain conditions which must be fullfilled:
- You must live in europe. (Shipping those magazines overseas would cost a fortune)
- You must be willed to scan those issues or distribute them to people who are willed to scan those over short or long.
- You must have some sort of reputation.

There is a little problem: The first 20 volumes have all posters cut out. Identifing those could be a pain in the ass.
I'm sure someone would be willing to do this.
how many pages are that per magazine ?
only the posters? so ~20ish per mag?
I could send the whole magazines, or I could send only the posters. Rougly 10-12 posters with 2 motives in one magazine. So there are around 750 poster with roughly 1500 images.
Holy sh** I can imagine how long it would take me to scan all those ^^
15 hours at the fastest for me, but mast be over 20 hours. stitchin 500 hours and processing 1000 hours. erase dusts & creases 2000 hours and more (ノ>д<)ノ
midzki said:
15 hours at the fastest for me, but mast be over 20 hours. stitchin 500 hours and processing 1000 hours. erase dusts & creases 2000 hours and more (ノ>д<)ノ
That's exactly why I will provide them for free (including shipping). Right now they are collecting dust in my bookshelf, so I figured it's better to give them to some guys who will work on them.
I'm sure someone must be willing to scan them in as raw images, and the stitching/processing etc can be done as a collaborative effort?
My scanner is even to small to even fit the megami magazine to begin with :P
need to buy an A3 flatbed scanner to scan huge amount of A3 posters to avoid stitching 500hours (  ̄∀ ̄)
are all megami posters A3 ?
MDGeist said:
are all megami posters A3 ?
No, some poster are bigger. (But 90% are A3)

Oh yeah, it's actually not A3, it's that japanese letter format.
midzki said:
need to buy an A3 flatbed scanner to scan huge amount of A3 posters to avoid stitching 500hours (  ̄∀ ̄)
You need cloud stitching - mobilize the troops!
kiowa said:
You need cloud stitching - mobilize the troops!
It's the scanning which is the first hurdle we need to get over.
Just out of curiosity and keeping the whole "omg personal info" thing in mind...

What end of Europe are we talking about?
And what are the physical dimensions and weight of this as a parcel?
Chrissues said:
Just out of curiosity and keeping the whole "omg personal info" thing in mind...

What end of Europe are we talking about?
And what are the physical dimensions and weight of this as a parcel?
I live in Germany. The package would be around 30 kg for the magazines (Splitting into 3 packages, since they are rather "tall"). If I cut out the posters and send only them, it will probably drop down to 10 kg and probably it will fit into one package. But that is only a lucky guess.

http://i49.tinypic.com/wcej6a.jpg
I could scan them, but my scanner is just slightly larger than A4 so it will take 500 hours stitching, btw I am in Norway
other than posters, better to have covers and indexs. also girl's avenue pages are supplements.

with my action which smooth out surfaces neatly, the time of manual cleaning must shorten at around 10 mins per poster.
Whoe ever ends up getting the books I'll pitch in to get a scanner that can do a whole page with one scan..
Okay, I found someone who is willed to scan those and has a big enough scanner. I started to debind those magazines...

I shouldn't think about the time and money i invested to collect those....
syaoran-kun? I know there was talk on IRC a few days ago of him doing it.
Just got the package today, thanks Arbaal. I'll start scanning as soon as i get things ready ( ´∀`)
syaoran-kun said:
Just got the package today, thanks Arbaal. I'll start scanning as soon as i get things ready ( ´∀`)
/Prepares a special folder.
syaoran-kun said:
Great!
Whoa, that's awesome!
Arbaal, thanks for donating your things, lol. It's so nice of you.
And thanks syaoran-kun for accepting it and everything!
As you said, this is great!
great, i'm waiting for all those scans.
Sorry, had to get a new scanner, waiting for it to be deliverd here (shouldn't take more than 4-5 days i hope).
Okay, no problem. Just wanted to know if everything is allright.
arbaal i'm just curious how long did it take for to acquire all those?

srry if it nags you, but, it been nagging me when i think about it
I had a monthly subscription from June 2003 till August 2009. Had to cancel it because of the uncertain legal status of some of the pictures here in germany. And laterly I was quite pleased with the scan quality on moe, so I thought it would be best to preserve those images.