Close
Moe.danbooru....
So like this place is becoming closely to what danbooru was/is...

I see and "had to" check who were adding these tags. This "person" for example started adding tags which are actually not needed here IMO, but this is going to far..

I understand about clothing style and such but this is going to far, adding cleavage, thighhighs, erect nipples,, breast(s), monster girl?, pantsu!??... and horns to like 500+ pics is becoming rather weird... And adding tags for what underwear one is wearing is.. sorta awkward IMO. For example, an "angel" has wings (NO SHIT SHERLOCK, should we make it even more obvious!?)

Suddenly this image board feels way to different than what it was when I discovered it at first. Pictures were somewhat properly tagged even if you could spot some "fetish" here and there but this is just going over my head, this is not "moe'" anymore it's going the way danbooru was and that place become rather banned in my head for eternity. No offense but I think I'll leave pretty soon if this keeps popping (adds) up.I came here to view fine art of many talented artists, not peoples fetishes (did I even make that out right?).

Please fill in on what you think mods, I don't like this at all really...
We lost a moderator, another one is on vacation

I don't have as much time as I used to to police the site

The user who's been adding those tags probably thought it would be helpful, but in our case we don't really care. They probably also did not read the wiki regarding tagging, but since I'm at work I can't really check out what they've been editing...give me a few hours and it'll be sorted out..
I'm not sure what you're complaining about. We've had minor general tagging like that for a long time (mostly maintained by vistigris, though we've had a few other people going at it lately).

There's no problem with these tags, as long as a couple things are met:

- uploaders are not expected to use them;
- they're well-maintained by the people who do use them.

The first avoids the major problem with Danbooru tagging: if you want to upload on Danbooru, you're expected to learn a million tags and to use them all. (Maybe not, but that's the sense I get.) The only tags I expect posters to use here are the primary blacklisting tags (male, etc.), and artist/circle tags if you know them. After all, the focus here is on the art, not the metadata, and we don't want to drive away posters because they don't want to be bothered with tags.

The second avoids the problem with casually using general tags: it's useless to have a descriptive tag if it's not applied reasonably consistently, and it just makes the site look poorly maintained.

As long as these two things are met, I don't see a problem with general tagging, as long as the tags have some reasonable use and there are people willing to maintain the tags.

What's a reasonable use? Simple: whether people actually want to search for them. I'm sure people search for "pantsu" and "breasts" all the time. Nobody would use a tag "four_girls_two_guys_and_a_pretzel", so I'd probably object to that tag even if someone did maintain it.

(Some tags I've never really understood--for example, why we have shimapan if we don't have red_panties, white_panties, etc., but it doesn't bother me.)

If you don't need the tags, just ignore them; they're not doing you any harm.
In part i agree with Feito, i think most tag are useless like clothes or stuff, but like peto said, if someone is willing to use and mantain them, i'm fine with it. I still use artist/circle/copyright myself when uploading, but if a user would like to search for something more specific why shouldn't he. If we start to delete posts or ban people just based on "i don't like this tag" we're gonna really get like danbooru is.
That's what i've been doing mostly now. Tag the 5 important ones and the others we use more than usual and leave it as is.
I've never used general tags to search on imouto before, but I don't mind them, exception is tags that used to tag some explicit stuff one would like to blacklist, those should stay.
Well if you do let this "certain user" go unchecked, there will be lots of useless tags. Some...may be useful but if anyone been to Danbooru, certain tags are just stupid and really unnecessary.

It may be okay now, but it may be a problem later on in the future.

I know it is difficult, but just do your best and try to be aware Bosses and Overlord.
admin2 said:
We lost a moderator, another one is on vacation
Are you planning to replace visitigris?

Feito said:
So like this place is becoming closely to what danbooru was/is...
I'm of the only tag circle/artist/character/series camp. Blacklist tags, and faults, should be kept as well. By no means is this a majority view.
how about to write some recommended tags and show it on some noticeable page?

primary genre/contents: loli, shota, yuri, yaoi, male, trap, mecha, landscape, guro, parody, crossover, extreme_content, e.t.c.

image formats: monochrome, wallpaper, vector, stick_poster, dvd_cover, sketch, extraction, text, cg, card, character design, profile_page, index_page

special: tagme, fixed, detexted, tagme_artist_translation, duplicate

others are just gaven to professional taggers :)
I haven't had much time to look over my site neither this one with work lately. Hopefully that changes next week but ugh
midzki, I'm with you all the way to the end of the world. Once again, thanks you mods and admin(s) for you input on this matter. I mean you can fav images you like, but if you don't.. whats the point on adding these tags then? For the purpose of others?
Feito said:
midzki, I'm with you all the way to the end of the world. Once again, thanks you mods and admin(s) for you input on this matter. I mean you can fav images you like, but if you don't.. whats the point on adding these tags then? For the purpose of others?
If you really want some reasons, I can give you two.

1. Someone tries to draw a girl with thigh high, so he wants to see how professionals draw it.
2. Someone wants to post a thread full of kimono girls.

These cases are rare. I have no objections keeping tags that people frequently used (lolita_fashion, miko, etc). I only tag artist anyway.
I tag Characters, Artists (I have to be certain though) & Copyright since I understand them the most.
I like all tags here, please don't delete too many. The underware tag and something else are useful for many people such as me, especially for searching ,please leave them .. ;_;

And I think the people who always maintained tags are best qualified to speak on this question, such as visitigris ,Aurelia or someone else who did several thousands of tag edits.
I like and use general tags; they're very helpful for finding specific images. For instance, post #53278 has been a favorite of mine for a while, but I lost the image when my computer crashed. I couldn't remember the artist, but I remembered she was wearing lingerie and thighhighs. A search of those two tags found the image very quickly and I was most pleased.

General tags are also useful when you want to upload an image that may already be here. Sometimes the dupe detector doesn't work and general tags can be a lot more reliable. I was going to upload a picture of Saber wearing thighhighs and a quick search of saber+thighhighs showed me it was already there. Searching tags is a lot quicker than using the dupe detector for those with slow internet speeds. Uploading something that's around 3mb takes a while for some people and it's also almost as annoying to have to downscale and then upload. I seed my torrents constantly and never limit my bandwidth, so I don't usually have a lot to spare. Searching tags is simply much easier and quicker for me most of the time.

Another importance of general tags is to help people find images they wouldn't find otherwise. Some really nice pictures are drawn by artists with very few pictures uploaded here, or they simply aren't very popular artists yet. If we only tagged their name, it would be more difficult for people to find and appreciate their work. See post #84631, post #83656 and post #82889 as examples. The more accurate, well maintained tags something has, the easier it is for the user to find.

I never made it a point to add general tags very much since I felt like I was taking work away from vistigris, but as long as the mods don't want them gone, I'd be happy to maintain them.
I won't remove General Tags since I was taught by vistigris that they were useful to many others. The only General Tag I will see and remove though would be the "tagme" tag...but ONLY if certain conditions are met. If it wasn't for vistigris, I would be causing some confusion...and I wouldn't want that. I hate making mistakes and would love to fix them.
Hi. Back from vacation.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at, Feito. Is there someone ragging on you for not adding certain tags? I think there are a couple extra general type tags floating around that we don't need as well, so I'm slowly working my way through them. Tagging has pretty much been as it is now for the past several months.
Stop worrying too much about adding general tags to what you upload if you don't want to add them yourself. As long as you've done your best to identify the artist/chars/copyright, you've sourced the image correctly if necessary and explicit material is rated explicit, no one's going to get mad at you. I'll take care of the rest.
We're not the same as Danbooru, which is why we're fine with leaving the other topics you created in the forum as they are.

Velen, as long as you're mindful of what's generally going on in the deletion proposal thread, any help you can give would be appreciated.
bla,bla,bla.what is this all about?XP
samiko said:
bla,bla,bla.what is this all about?XP
... go read the beginning samiko. At the moment, 0we're 0talking 0about 0tags and 0their 0important and 0the 0lack of importance 0of 0other 0tags.

My key 0board is 0messed up atm. >.< ( lots 0of 0zeros...)
aoie_emesai said:
... go read the beginning samiko. At the moment, 0we're 0talking 0about 0tags and 0their 0important and 0the 0lack of importance 0of 0other 0tags.

My key 0board is 0messed up atm. >.< ( lots 0of 0zeros...)
Doesn't it have a 'delete' button?
Radioactive said:
Doesn't it have a 'delete' button?
It did till I spilled over 8oz of Sunkist on to it and the buttons started inputting other buttons...

My "N" did a nice 5 letter combination >.<

(new keyboard now ^^)
aoie_emesai said:
It did till I spilled over 8oz of Sunkist on to it and the buttons started inputting other buttons...

My "N" did a nice 5 letter combination >.<

(new keyboard now ^^)
Nice combination indeed.