Close
The "I <3 sayori, etc." thread and other assorted art discussion
I don't mind the discussion that much, but let's try to consolidate it here, instead of taking up comment space.
YES! I finally did it! I made a mod angry cuz of my insane commenting ^^
Special thanks to Debbie and other people that helped accomplish this feat!
Anyway - sorry about the trouble Aurelia
So back to the topic...
Debbie said:
No, you're not strange at all... But I think girls with thin eyelashes look like they are always scared or something. Nothing against, really - I even like Mitsumi Misato's style.

I believe it's the extreme opposite... Amaduyu Tatsuki is way more experient, right? Just take a look at some other pictures... Well I like his poses very much, I feel like the image is moving when looking at them. I still prefer Mitsumi Misato, though. If you like Na-ga, you should give him a try.

EDIT: I like CLAMP's style. But it's not the kind of style I'd draw. I believe that such a big difference comparing to other artists here on Moe is due to their incomparable experience. They are genuine mangakas, they REALLY make manga. And since the 80s. I doubt any other mangaka could do half of what these girls did. Not that CLAMP's style is my favourite, I prefer Urotan a thousand times.
I guess i'm just a modern man who thinks less of older styles... Amaduyu Tatsuki and Mitsumi Misato seem to have similar styles(the to-heart style as i like to call it XD or have called it since i found out what to-heart is...) so to me to-heart is like "old" style and CLAMP is "ancient"... so image like post #99971 wins vs older styles to my mind...
Still while no images of CLAMP on my HD, there are few from to-heart style so i'm not saying that it's bad... just not meant for me ;(
It would be nice if we could post our favourite artists so other people could check it. There are many great pictures on Moe Imouto, however not all of them receive the proper attention.

For an example. I think it's absurd for this post #48848 to have such a high score while this post #53027 have reached score 10 today, thanks to me.

Some great artists that need more scans here are, in my point of view, Shigunyan, Shaa, Miwa Yoshikazu, Urotan, Yukiwo and Tiv.

What do you think?

Oh, and by the way, nobody is angry here.
Well it's hard to say... there are a lot of artists that deserve attention because of their hard work and effort put into their artworks yet they have such a low score...
So 1 question: How is score calculated? View count? Fav count?

Well if a mod isn't angry about having to create a forum topic then that can only mean one thing - too nice community here at Moe.Imouto... mods have nothing to do XD

blooregardo said:
I <3 sayori
Post #84358 for my thoughts of Sayoris artwork...

P.S. And again i'm getting off topic cuz this conversation is more about all artists than Sayori...
marts said:
Well it's hard to say... there are a lot of artists that deserve attention because of their hard work and effort put into their artworks yet they have such a low score...
Score is based on votes. Just because an image is popular doesn't mean it is 'good'

What is 'good' is subjective...
Something interesting about the picture I pointed out is that, although the score is so high, it has like 30 favorites or something like this. What means it isn't that good, right?

Anyways, scores aren't that important... The important is to keep uploading good scans, right?

CLAMP scans are always welcome, I guess, a lot of people like them. And a good thing about CLAMP is that they draw in a lot of different styles, so it gets easier to find people who like it. Chobits, Cardcaptor Sakura, X, Tsubasa, xxxHolic and Kobato, they are all different. It's hard to imagine how can they change their style so much.

This is what saddens me, Radioactive... I guess good artists are not being appreciated enough, while some random anime picture gets such a nice score.

Why people are leaving so many great works behind?
I'll never understand.

In terms of coloring, I believe Ishikei is really, really good.
Debbie said:
Something interesting about the picture I pointed out is that, although the score is so high, it has like 30 favorites or something like this. What means it isn't that good, right?
As I said 'good' is subjective. Some images do seem to grab the public conciousness (Mostly questionable material)

Anyways, scores aren't that important... The important is to keep uploading good scans, right?
You can't go wrong there.

This is what saddens me, Radioactive... I guess good artists are not being appreciated enough, while some random anime picture gets such a nice score.
Don't focus too closely on score. Comment on the image you think deserve attention. We have years worth of images here which most people have never seen.
I'll make a list then. The images that makes me instantly vote would be the criteria:
Ryohka, Mikeou, Ikegame Akane, Dmyo, Nishimata Aoi, Kantoku, Izumi Tsubasu, Tomose Shunsaku, Kiba Satoshi, Tony, Mikazuki Akira, Ruchie, Tenmu Shinryuusai, Sayori, Noizi Ito, and a long etc.
But those are the most popular orz
It looks like someone bumped up the scores for post #48848, post #43143, and post #24956. Very unusual to have the score to be that high with so few favorites.
Instant vote for me is -> Nishimata Aoi, Tinkle, Kantoku, Sayori, CLAMP, Tiv, Youta, Ryhoka, Tsukinon, Izumi Tsubasu.
Some time ago, a score bug was suspected for post #31753
post #24956 seems right.
Heh heh heh. It seems I may no longer have to see that Image on the Comments front page anymore...unless someone doesn't see that redirecting.

Now let's see how long this thread will keep getting attention until it goes in the really OLD pages of the Moe forum.
Nishimata Aoi... Everything on his drawings is fantastic, but the eyes...

Kantoku really struggles to make great art, but his eyes bother me. Am I crazy or something? I also think this applies to Mikeou.

Dmyo's illustrations are so lovely, I wish he gets better known.

Oh-- is Dmyo a he or she?

Something that picked my interest lately is how old artists are. I mean, Carnelian, for an example, must be 28098 years old. She has a TON of pictures around the internet, how is it possible for someone to do so many illustrations in a life time?

It's at least impressive.
We could have used this thread sooooo much longer ago >.<

68 comments per image is really a bit too much.
Since listing what you do like usually takes a lot of time (because we like many artists), let's list what you don't like.

I start with nishimata_aoi. Man, her doujinshis kill the original character.
urushihara_satoshi, newmen... and simmilar.

See? That was short. So short that I'll need to add styles that I like very much (beside the super popular artists we all like):

fue, rei, sasorigatame, shintaro... and many others I don't remember now;;

[Edit]
How could I forget ueda_ryo. Thanks castle (9 posts below).
I don't know which I wouldn't like, but my favorites are yoshitoshi_abe and range_murata.
Oh--- Someone has noticed Sasorigatame and Shintaro!
I didn't notice Shintaro until a while ago, he's really getting better.
I'm happy to notice that.

And, yes... If at least Nishimata Aoi changed her creepy eyes style...

Omg friend. How could you find these horrid things? Oh...

Great artists indeed, Oldwrench, Lain was a shock for me and I couldn't watch it for much long. Although I like it's style.
Shintaro getting better? He(she)'s an old artist.
I didn't like his style at first, until I played Boy Meets Girl...
I don't like futanari art.
I tried and try to figure out what makes scans get high scores on moe but can't figure it out, there is some general tendencies like ecchi, character from popular anime, and certain anatomy but there is plenty of images that don't fit those things, and there are too many of them to put them as exceptions that prove the rule.

Back to topic, I like too many artists to name them all but generally I like all Kuramoto Kaya, Tanemura Arina, Clamp(yep I call them clam on irc for most of the time) and Kisetsu.

But rather name favourite artists it would be more fun to hear why you like them.
As for me, I like Kuramoto because of perfect anatomy (or at least I can't spot any faults) and eyes. Eyes catched me right away when I saw first artwork of hers, first I thought it was because of the way she draw them but it is because at all her works one of characters make an eye contact with person who look at artwork (hm I can think of one exception post #70949), while there is almost none artworks where there is no eyes drawn, almost none of them have characters making eye contact, they either just face in our direction gazing in the space or feels forced to watch at us.
aoie_emesai said:
We could have used this thread sooooo much longer ago >.<

68 comments per image is really a bit too much.
So says aoie, who is always 6 months behind. =P
I only came up with the solution right before I made this thread.

AZD-A9S said:
I don't like futanari art.
Hmm...actually, let's keep it to artists and art styles. Discussing kinks and such usually devolves into a flame war.
misaki_kurehito & kuroya_shinobu. no need to mention how decent they are.

sca-ji, tsukinon, kagome, karory. although their cg works are quite neat, still drawing lines are simple & rough. that contrariety is the point attracts me.
Oh - I like Karory and Misaki Kurehito too. I've never seen a futanari but probably isn't a neat thing to be seen.

I believe everyone here already knows that my favorite artist is Urotan. Why? Well, check these posts: post #99493 post #99869 post #5074 and my favorite pictures from Urotan: post #93851 and post #94840

His lines are so pretty. He can draw bodies really well, not too long, and chubby in a cute way. His breasts are really good too, I wish I could draw like him. But his coloring simply hypnotizes me, the shine on the skin, the blush on the face, I love it, I love it, a million times. The eyes have thick eyelashes, and they are big, but not TOO big, they are on the perfect size. The chin is neat, small and kinda pointy.

Urotan is a total pro. He's my idol. Everything that I'm learning with Photoshop/lineart is only by observing his pictures, I learn much more like this than reading a lot of tutorials on deviantART.
My favorite one: takeda_hinata
Reasons:
1. loli
2. She is really good at drawing things in details
3. The kimono and Gothic fashion she drew are awesome

My second favorite is ueda_ryo. People have already mention fue and tiv. There are many other artists I like, just can't remember on top of my head.

For pixiv, the first few people I can think of are sayori, shino_(eefy) and vania600. I feel like Shino's pictures have healing effect. vania600 is good at background, especially using light effect. I always compare him to yuuki_tatsuya. You all know sayori anyway.

midzki said:
sca-ji, tsukinon, kagome, karory. although their cg works are quite neat, still drawing lines are simple & rough. that contrariety is the point attracts me.
Here is my ranking within the keroq team
sca-ji, motoyon > kagome > karory, korie_riko, inugami_kira > others
For some reasons I like the pose of the characters in kagome's drawing.
noizi_ito, yuki_usagi, yuki_usagi, and shintaro are artists that I like.....seems like I like most of the artists from Siesta and Etoiles...
It looks admin2 love yuki_usagi too much.. :P

I love most of famous eroge artists.
ex. ueda_ryo/misaki_kurehito/ryohka/mikeou/co2a/murakami_suigun/shintaro/koutaro/mitsumi_mitato/sakurazawa_izumi/komori_kei/nimura_yuuji/nanao_naru/moekibara_fumitake/morinaga_korune..too many to remember.

But izumi_tsubasu is not my type, also mitha (and other moonstones's artists).

And for doujin artists or other illustrators, I love kantoku/ooji/rei/pop/achunchun/takoyaki/shikei( しけー)/kanzaki_hiro/yuuki_tatsuya/shimada_humikane/tatekawa_mako..Many pixiv-er too, but i even can't call them names.. they are just in my favorite list =__=

And manga authors (sorry i don't know how to say 漫画家): fujima_takuya/kirihara_izumi/kimchii.. Yeah takeda_hinata is also a great one.
admin2 said:
Seems like I like most of the artists from Siesta and Etoiles...
Forgive me for asking this, but what do you mean with Siesta and Etoiles? Thank you.
Siesta and Etoiles are eroge/galge companies. Just in case "what is eroge/galge?" they're visual novels, commonly known as hentai games.

fireattack said:
And manga authors (sorry i don't know how to say 漫画家)
漫画家 : Mangaka
FYI artists that draws original illustrations (random illustration where the girls are unnamed and not affiliated to copyright other than the artist themselves) are gengaka (原画家)