Close
Tag Creation Proposals
As of now, dvd_cover is that the tag that is used for dvd, cd, and blu-ray covers. What I am proposing is that a new tag be created to replace dvd_cover so that the tag better reflects that it contains these three types of covers instead of just dvd covers.

Possible suggestions for the new tag are media_cover or cover. I'm looking for opinions as to whether either of these tags are a good replacement for dvd_cover, or if there really is a need for a new tag.
'cover' is too generic.
Media cover doesn't sound to bad.
box_cover or box_art maybe?
That way you could get away with possibly covering (game) box arts of all (digital) media.
Well that's besides the point really...

Media_cover isn't bad, but media is about the broadest possible term you could use to describe what isn't quite that broad imo.
I go with box_art or media_box_art since box art might confuse people to packaging boxes... Media_cover works pretty good too.
audio-visual_case_cover (゚∀゚)アヒャ アヒャヒャ
And my "game_cg" ;___;
I'd suggest use different tags for each print sizes like tall_case scan and cd_case scan as like card scan.
because they're scans, the main contents of the site, precise tags are more reasonable than nipples / breast.
fireattack said:
And my "game_cg" ;___;
You know we already discussed about that already, fireattack >.<
game_cg is as meaningless as wallpaper is the conclusion.
You people always think tags are meaningless just because you don't use, but I've known many users love these useless tags..

Of course, if we have a policy of reducing tags, it's OK. Otherwise, proper "useless" tags will make site better & help fresher to participate in the site not only leech the image.
I like media_cover.

As for game_cg, I'm okay with it as a supplement to wallpaper, not as a replacement.
I don't know the reason why wallpaper is allowed but game_cg isn't allowed.
How about disc_cover? This fits in for DVD's and CD's and other stuff such as BD, LD, GCD, UMD and HD-DVD.

cover is and has usually been the definition for magazine cover for the last 10 or so years at least in my knowledge.
midzki said:
I don't know the reason why wallpaper is allowed but game_cg isn't allowed.
We should encourage users to search using width: / height: rather then use those two pointless tags.

Feito said:
How about disc_cover?
I like that.
Feito said:
How about disc_cover?
I like it too. I agree with Chrissues that media_cover is a tad too broad.

As for game_cg, I would be willing to help maintain it if you want to add it fireattack.
VorpalNeko said:
As for game_cg, I would be willing to help maintain it if you want to add it fireattack.
I still do not understand what the *point* is for that tag?
Disc_cover is pretty good. Makes it fairly obvious as to what it is. I like Disc_cover.
Radioactive said:
I think the point is that for people looking at a particular picture and want to know if its wallpaper or not instead of making a search on google. Saves them maybe 5 seconds?
Radioactive said:
the sign of "there must be original lossless digitals but someone jpegged"? :p

surely all ripped ROM must be the lossless copies at least in here.
More tag proposal
I've ran into this problem so many times and I recommend that we use artist_translation for tags. For example:

post #26895

&

Pool #116

These can use artist translation and I cannot read Japanese that well yet so translation for me is impossible at the moment. I can't say there will be those who are willing to do it but at least this will ease the tagme up a little bit.

What do ya guys think? I can't go and force sayo to do all the translation :)
aoie_emesai said:
I've ran into this problem so many times and I recommend that we use artist_translation for tags. For example:

post #26895

&

Pool #116

These can use artist translation and I cannot read Japanese that well yet so translation for me is impossible at the moment. I can't say there will be those who are willing to do it but at least this will ease the tagme up a little bit.

What do ya guys think? I can't go and force sayo to do all the translation :)
We have tagme_artist_translation iirc, and Aurelia always help to kill them >_>
I guess that can work too...

Go look at pool #116 then, fireattack :)

*******Hop on IRC too, fireattack.********
tagme_artist_translation
I already killed them all as soon as I became a mod, so I thought that tag was gone no more used ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡
We'll talk on IRC. I don't wanan communicate through silly Forums.
so, aeoi. who is sayo?
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!!

<---This is Sayo, midzki. ~Aoie ^^
midzki said:
surely all ripped ROM must be the lossless copies at least in here.
For who wanna upload game cgs, please rip images yourself using crass. not just importing jpegs by hongfire.
Those have added visible jpeg artifacts, and they're really annoy me :/
Anyone against aliasing dvd_cover to disc_cover?
It's good, I don't think VHS covers will suddenly appear.
Nope not unless there's some kind of technological backdrop. Dvd_cover sounds great.