Close
Overall site speed
Since adding a new mirror server has the speeds improved? Gotten worse?

If worse please reply with your location thanks.
Works a bit faster for me. Not a big difference, since the site has always loaded fine for me.

From MX, BTW.
Same speed average.

Spain
Shuugo said:
Same speed average.

Spain
:O

Saludos al país vasco :D
Haven't noticed any difference, still as fast as ever :) And UK.
The FDC servers, moe.imouto.org (main site), sheryl.imouto.org (thumbnails), and elis.imouto.org (images) at least right now are all being very speedy. Page loads only take a fraction of a second, pulling 10-20Mbps off elis, and getting a 65-70ms ping to all servers which is decent considering the distance.

20Mbit/20Mbit from California, USA (Level3 backbone)

I'll keep an eye on it because in the past I remember seeing the Comcast ibone having a lot of lag and loss to and from FDC servers, but I think that may have been around the time they just added it as their primary backbone and may have been in process of upgrading capacity. I would be hopeful that FDC has solved the backbone and capacity issues with Comcast ibone. Like I said above, it seems very good at the moment.
no difference here at all from Sweden, and about 200 KB/s top I get of it, at some times it's even slower then that.
United States (South Eastern). It's faster, though you cannot tell if it's really significant but it's better.

You gotta love Comcast's BS powerboost.
It's 4:20AM here and now elis is insanely slow... I'm getting 4KBytes/s-50KByte/s (10-25KB/s on average) per connection which is horrible. That is around 1/100th of the speed I was getting 14 hours earlier (1024KB/s-2560KB/s).

With multiple downloads I can hit ~50-200KBytes/s but it seems to be fluctuating all over the place (all the way down to 0KB/s and up to 5KB/s-25KB/s per connection and back down again, very sporadically).

It seems like FDC must turn on "QoS of fail" for elis during the early morning (or maybe it's a weekend thing?).

On the other hand sheryl (different FDC datacenter then elis?) seems normal and is rock solid (no roller coster speeds like elis right now) at exactly 250Kbytes/s for a single connection (which I assume it is limited to since it's only supposed to be doing thumbnails).

Anyway, I'm going to bed. I'll test it again whenever I wake up and see if it has returned to normal.
There are some time-outs at the moment (Especially on uploads)
Elis is being very slow to me right now too.
With one connection I can get peaks of 30-40KB/s
/var filled up should be fixed...
Still getting a 'The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again' Don't have any problems uploading across from shana.
I went around the testing the speed, but at the moment. I cannot get any of the images to load.

Working on this issue atm.

edit - Nvm, it was a temporary bug. Right now the download speed seems back to normal for me.
It's now 2:20PM and it seems back to normal over here as well. I'm easily maxing out my 20Mbit connection.
Radioactive said:
Still getting a 'The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again' Don't have any problems uploading across from shana.
Is this still happening?
It happens randomly with me.

Occurs more frequently when connected from college.
Getting 600 kb/s down now..but sometimes it slows to no more than 100-200. Guess it's due to traffic.
admin2 said:
Is this still happening?
Appears to be fine again.
syaoran-kun said:
..but sometimes it slows to no more than 100-200. Guess it's due to traffic.
I just noticed this myself. Right now at 3:18AM (coincidence it is close to the slow time yesterday?) I get around 100-200KByte/s per connection.

If that is just how it is, I can live with that speed. At least it is not 10-25KB/s like before.

Did you limit the speed or is bandwidth just getting hit hard at this time of day?
Started doing it again.
Radioactive said:
Started doing it again.
And once again it is working properly again.
1 con : ~ 300kb
rsync : ~1,5m
Radioactive said:
And once again it is working properly again.
This should only be happening on elis, is it still occurring?
admin2 said:
This should only be happening on elis, is it still occurring?
I'm about to do some more 'hold posts' so I'll let you know.
Did the server crap out again? I seem to be getting 10-14KB/s per connection for the past few hours from elis.
Cyberbeing said:
Did the server crap out again? I seem to be getting 10-14KB/s per connection for the past few hours from elis.
melting servers o/

180mbps out across 3 of them....
admin2 said:
180mbps out across 3 of them....
Heh, overloaded servers. One of the negative side effects of the site getting more popular...

I guess that means it is best to just wait it out until the load lessens, and try again tomorrow to grab what I wanted. No point in loading the servers even more if they are being maxed out.

Thanks for the update admin2.
it's been a while since i last visited. noticed the major changes... where the images are hosted, and all that. good job on separating the thumbnails from the actual images. easier to queue to the downloads too. and good thing you have imposed a 1 is to 1 server connection for downloading images to minimize traffic (some don't even give a damn and download 50 images all at the same time - sheesh!).

thumbnail pages load in less than a second despite my crappy connection speed.

kudos to you guys!!!

EDIT: location is philippines, BTW
So, uh... Moe has been a bit slow this morning. Something wrong?

EDIT: To be more specific, thumbs and images don't load for me at all. I can navigate through comments and forum but that's it.