Close
Samples pictues (on files.yande.re/sample/*) seem to be slow to load again (after a refresh).

Other subfolders seem still fine.
I'm experiencing slowdowns when loading into an image too.
Also noticed it on some pics.

Maybe something to reproduce:
-select a picture and try to download it
-if it downloads fine > add a tag
-try to download it again > ultra slow for that specific picture
-will fix itself after an hour?
Still is mighty slow. Timed out doing a Saucenao check. As always, just have to wait it out.
I feel like i'm back at the glorious era of dialup, 4-5KB/s haha.
Guess it'll go back to normal eventually.
Should be fixed, let me know if it's acting up.
Checkmate said:
Fixed for me. Thanks!

But to answer to flandere: it occured the most when I was reloading a page after having updated the tag list for it.
– From the index page (no slow loading for the thumbs), middle click on several thumbs to open their pages in background tabs. Pages were loading normally.
– Edit tags for a post, save changes. This time, reloading was really slow with the sample picture partially showing, then completely but staying blurry for 10 or 20 seconds.

SauceNAO search was really slow as well.
I don't know if it's fixed well. I was downloading images by hand (browsing and saving while watching a movie) and this message appeared "Too Many Requests
Abusive bot detected, calm down and try again in a hour. ". I think I'm not a bot but who knows
ViBaYo said:
I don't know if it's fixed well. I was downloading images by hand (browsing and saving while watching a movie) and this message appeared "Too Many Requests
Abusive bot detected, calm down and try again in a hour. ". I think I'm not a bot but who knows
No related to a slow picture loading, and I don’t know how you download them, but I never had that when downloading pictures for my personal collection (and my PCs’ screen savers). I can open something like 30 posts in their own tabs at a rate of 1 per second, and it does not triggers the antibot.

I just had that once (more than 5 years ago), but after having used an extension to get all pictures in one page at once. But I was not kicked out or banned. I never did that again.
ViBaYo said:
I'm getting this too. Only looking at/downloading a single image at a time. I have no weird browser extensions or configs and I'm definitely not a download bot.

Site's honestly been very very slow again for a while so what I began doing was opening something I wanted to download in another tab (because it literally takes 3-4 minutes now) while continuing to browse the index. So technically there would be two connections at the same time, but that's still not enough to make me look like a bot.
Xcalibur said:
I'm getting this too. Only looking at/downloading a single image at a time. I have no weird browser extensions or configs and I'm definitely not a download bot.

Site's honestly been very very slow again for a while so what I began doing was opening something I wanted to download in another tab (because it literally takes 3-4 minutes now) while continuing to browse the index. So technically there would be two connections at the same time, but that's still not enough to make me look like a bot.
had the same problems when the site was slow, getting random bot warnings for some pictures, but could download others just fine.

But didn't get that again after Checkmate said that the slow downloads were fixed yesterday.

edit:
also speed seems to be fixed for me too, so all good.
Checkmate said:
Thanks, confirmed fixed for me too.
My inbox was kinda spammed, please don't do that.

To answer it for everyone, the network card was having an issue and it negotiated to the switch at 100Mbps.
Slowness is back again, tonight (22:55 UTC+2, here)…

EDIT 23:31 (UTC+2): slowness seems to be gone, now.
Hi! So, surely not at fault this time, but is Yande.re awfully slow to load pictures for you too, today? Actually, there are some other sites being slow as well, like Twitter or spoiler, so I guess there is nothing to be done from Yande.re’s side and we just have to wait this slowness to be gone… Not my connection, because Konachan, Gelbooru or YouTube are not impacted.

EDIT: posting this message took about one minute to be sent and the page refreshed. Urgh!
EDIT2: back to normal.
Page requests take a veeerrrryyyyy long time (8-10 seconds) to load, tonight! Page contents themselves load correctly, but it looks like the server is under a huge load and can’t treat requests immediately. Some days ago, it was already slow, bit it was fine yesterday and the day before.

Is something that can be done to fix that, please?
You know somethings off when one specific site is SO slow, it sticks out. Maybe start a crowdfunding campaign to switch to a hoster located on this planet, not somewhere lightyears away. 🤷
neolaguna1 said:
You know somethings off when one specific site is SO slow, it sticks out. Maybe start a crowdfunding campaign to switch to a hoster located on this planet, not somewhere lightyears away. 🤷
Well, ping and traceroute are OK (~ 95 ms each), but waiting time from server is just looooooonnnnnnng (12 seconds between the request and the answer, really???).

files.yande.re is OK, too (opening a direct link to an image is not slowed down), but that’s it.

I wondered if Yande.re’s server was under a DDoS attack, but it would slow down the pages loading, too; and this is not the case since it loads at full speed once the server is finally responding.

A bug caused by a misconfiguration after an update?

EDIT: it was fixed while I was typing this post! 😅 No slowdown anymore (from what I can see from here). Thank you for the fix (if there was one)!
Pictures loading is really slow again. This picture took 56 seconds to load entirely (16 kiB per second). Is the server overloaded?
Slow slower Yande.re

Even reloading the site took forever.
Looks like the problem already fixed?

Refreshing the site is really fast now.
i feel sometime still very slow...
I'll probably figure out a scheme soon enough.
In the next few days, we will be migrating and upgrading into new servers, Everything will be slowed due to bandwidth constraints.

Update: Well this is much more complicated than originally planned, so it is a multi-weeks possible months long migration project. I'll only update when it's done.
Ooh, interesting! Hopefully it won't be too much of a financial burden.
Checkmate said:
In the next few days, we will be migrating and upgrading into new servers, Everything will be slowed due to bandwidth constraints.
Is it why pics loading (so, files.yande.re subdomain) is awfully slow again (32-64 kiB/s, loading a 10 MiB pic takes minutes), tonight (UTC+1)?

Well, we were warned about it, then.
It's not done yet but thanks for letting me know, it will be fixed when we are done with the transfer.
Download speed has been very slow for me with older posts. I got around 200kb/s to 300kb/s with all posts except those added recently. Is this normal?