Close
Actually I can confirm that. New posts are super fast, older ones are almost universally slow.
Speeds have been low on all pics for me for a while now but they eventually load so whatever. I dont scrape the site or mass-download pics or anything like that either, just casual daily browsing of qt anime girls.

But its so often i doubt its a monthly scrubbing thats the issue? Unless it scrubs twice every week.
Not scraping anything either, but I like to download pics I happen to like.
TBH it seems kinda random. Doesn't seem to be recency-based - I had some month old fast pics and week old slow ones, or ID-based. Saw instances of pics from the same set (adjacent IDs and upload dates) alternate between slow and fast.

On the slow end it pretty consistently floats between 100 and 200kb. But the downloads almost never fail, so I'm not that bummed out.
Site been acting weird for me. Sometimes it'll be fast and other times it will be extremely slow for seemingly zero reason. I tried cleaning cookies and caches and troubleshotting any particular internet issues but it just seems to be on the sites side and not my side as I can easily browse/download from other sites extremely fast.

And unlike previous posts it doesn't seem to be merely old posts vs new posts. It just seems to be random.
WhiteRequiem said:
Site been acting weird for me. Sometimes it'll be fast and other times it will be extremely slow for seemingly zero reason. I tried cleaning cookies and caches and troubleshotting any particular internet issues but it just seems to be on the sites side and not my side as I can easily browse/download from other sites extremely fast.

And unlike previous posts it doesn't seem to be merely old posts vs new posts. It just seems to be random.
Cleaning your cache is a false good idea, because your browser will have to download again the distant ressources instead of getting them from your local drive (so, it will be slower to load fully). Plus, the freed disk space will be filled again in no time, so it’s not really freed space.

Deleting cookies will just reset your user preferences, so it’s not always a good idea either, and it should not have any impact on loading times.

Actually, the problem comes from this site’s server: it has to be replaced by a new one, but it will take time, and money (previous Checkmate’s posts explain that maintaining Yande.re online costs a lot of money (see here), hence the ads).

We can just cope with it, for now.
Accessing the site using Cloudflare DNS will make entire image fail to load.
Trit said:
Cleaning your cache is a false good idea, because your browser will have to download again the distant ressources instead of getting them from your local drive (so, it will be slower to load fully). Plus, the freed disk space will be filled again in no time, so it’s not really freed space.

Deleting cookies will just reset your user preferences, so it’s not always a good idea either, and it should not have any impact on loading times.

Actually, the problem comes from this site’s server: it has to be replaced by a new one, but it will take time, and money (previous Checkmate’s posts explain that maintaining Yande.re online costs a lot of money (see here), hence the ads).

We can just cope with it, for now.
Idk if it was that futile tbh because it did give me momentarily good results and I've done it with other sites and achieved decent results too.

As for the server remark. Fair enough. I was under the impression it would be done by now because the posts was months ago but this site has alot of data so it isn't imcomprehensible it would take longer.
I can absolutely cope with 2002 server performance for the 2002 clean, simple, unbloated experience.

I wonder if Checkmate has looked into solutions like e-hentai has, with their crowd-sourced CDN thing. Get even just 100 people on board something like that and it'll probably relieve a lot of stress.
vonMooky said:
I can absolutely cope with 2002 server performance for the 2002 clean, simple, unbloated experience.
I totally agree: I don’t want Yande.re and similar sites to be ensh×ttified because it “““should””” follow the current trend (that is already has been as soon as it is used in production) and ruin the user experience, just to please some SEO ranking system that is not beneficial for the user.

PS: yesterday, it’s been 15 years I created my account here. As a certain parodic puppet said: « P××ain, quinze ans… ! »
I'm officially down to dial-up speeds. Last 4 pics were 18, 20, 41 and 46 kb/s avg.

I am now considering having the tab play modem sounds any time speed drops below 40-50 kb/s 🤣

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0