Close
18:30 CET here, and Yande.re is slow again (it was normal until now today).
For example, the PNG version of this picture (https://yande.re/post/show/712645 ) would load in only 2 seconds, here.

Now, it takes more than 1.4 minute (1:20 min?) to load entirely. And it will be as slow until 1:00 (AM).

EDIT: it could be because of my ISP…
Not that I know of. I should be able to notice it as well if it is the case.
Checkmate said:
Not that I know of. I should be able to notice it as well if it is the case.
Since Monday, my ISP seems to drastically slow down its customers connection (from 400 Mbps to 9-10 Mbps, or less). And for a reason that I don’t know, Yande.re is really slowed down (as my previous message said), while other sites are still fine (Konachan is not as slow as Yande.re is, and I can watch a YouTube video in 720p without buffering, but opening a 4 MiB PNG file here takes more than a minute to be entirely done between 18:00 and 0:00, or between 13:00 and 1:00 (CET)? RLY?).

And no (pertinent) answer from the ISP’s CM to the hundreds of messages from angry users on Twitter, of course…

Sorry to bothering you: you’re not at fault, this time.
Trit said:
Since Monday, my ISP seems to drastically slow down its customers connection (from 400 Mbps to 9-10 Mbps, or less). And for a reason that I don’t know, Yande.re is really slowed down (as my previous message said), while other sites are still fine (Konachan is not as slow as Yande.re is, and I can watch a YouTube video in 720p without buffering, but opening a 4 MiB PNG file here takes more than a minute to be entirely done between 18:00 and 0:00, or between 13:00 and 1:00 (CET)? RLY?).

And no (pertinent) answer from the ISP’s CM to the hundreds of messages from angry users on Twitter, of course…

Sorry to bothering you: you’re not at fault, this time.
www.opera.com

Download + Install Opera Browser

Activate it's built-in free VPN

Solved my speed problems with this site.... at least sometimes it worked.

Also dump your ISP for another one if you can.
Or just use Cloudflare WARP.........
It’s been fixed today.
There is already some access speed now, I think they have taken measures.
You're quoting my message from 17 days ago.

Whatever status you posted here would be out of date the very next day. Imagine if a month later someone complains about the slowdown, it will be completely unrelated to the DDOS threat. It's pointless.

Otherwise, I am well aware of all threats in the past few days.
Weird, I haven't personally experience any significant slowdown in the past weeks after I switched to Opera with it's built-in VPN.

Then again, maybe it's just me.
It actually depends on your ISP if they throttle you during rush hour. Sometimes, ISP has a capacity problem because more people stay home and consume internet-related media that cause congestion. The ISP chooses between buying more bandwidth (which may be as pricey as 10$/Mbps/month, depending on the upstream) or restrict the heavy user.

It's like electricity; You have to balance between peak capacity and off-peak capacity. Throttling becomes inevitable as ISP is unlikely to sustain and make any profit during the rush hour while their bandwidth is left to waste during the off-peak.

Some ISP has a cap that makes it so that the cap will not count between off-peak hours (mostly after midnight till noon the following days).

From what I know, All ISP have an invisible cap that only works during the peak capacity: Any accounts that use the most bandwidth during the peak capacity will be limited in terms of speed first before others. This traffic shaping process only kicks in only if the router logged any over-capacity threshold (be it noon, evening, mid-night, whatever).
The slowdown is back, even with a VPN the download speeds are even slower than 100 KB/s tonight, something around 30/40 KB/s as I speak.
Change your ISP if you want more fast.
I get speed 250-60 Kb/s download, but I know it's because my ISP.
I don't think it's the ISP
Even with a VPN I get the same speed.
I regularly visit this site and have found no such speed problem. Your ISP may experience network congestion, even with a VPN will not help you.
Is it slow again? I have no trouble with other sites, so I guess only Yande.re is concerned.
It's slow for me too... the site was down earlier. Now its degraded.
Site has been doing fine for months but tonight I am running at a wopping 50KB/s average ~
It was actually fine until yesterday noon more or less, then it slowed down considerably.
I gave up, went to sleep and found out the site went down overnight, it came back again today but the speed never got fixed.
Whatever was slowing it down before the crash is still affecting it.
Server has a kernel panic yesterday. Overload perhaps? RAM Overflown perhaps? Moebooru is RoR based.

I visit this site regularly, I experience no such slow down and there is no proof of an attack. However, we are maxed out 1Gbps line during rush hour and I cannot afford more traffic.
Checkmate said:
Server has a kernel panic yesterday. Overload perhaps? RAM Overflown perhaps? Moebooru is RoR based.

I visit this site regularly, I experience no such slow down and there is no proof of an attack. However, we are maxed out 1Gbps line during rush hour and I cannot afford more traffic.
http://i.ping.pe/3/3/img_33hZrV6a.png
As you can see, the server packet loss rate is very high,But this has never happened before.Maybe it's Challenge Collapsar Attack.I suggest you temporarily use Cloudflare's CDN for files.yande.re
Checkmate said:
How lucky are you! Because it’s so slow, here, that it is just unbearable. Even the thumbnails in the index pages don’t show instantaneously as they did until yesterday; and the sample pictures seem to timeout quite often.

Take post #772501, and open the large JPG version (10 MiB). The picture should load in just seconds, but right now, it took two complete minutes to fully load (opening a 7 MiB file in Konachan took less than 2s, so my connection is not at fault, especially if I’m not the only one to report a problem occurring since yesterday).
kulipator said:
As you can see, the server packet loss rate is very high,But this has never happened before.Maybe it's Challenge Collapsar Attack.I suggest you temporarily use Cloudflare's CDN for files.yande.re
First iqdb and then saucenao, I wouldn't be surprised if yande.re was being wrongfully targeted by that idiotic bot they're using to try to take down image search sites.
@Checkmate, the site is under heavy stress server side, guaranteed.
em1yan said:
First iqdb and then saucenao, I wouldn't be surprised if yande.re was being wrongfully targeted by that idiotic bot they're using to try to take down image search sites.
@Checkmate, the site is under heavy stress server side, guaranteed.
I think so too, it is too slow now.Cloudflare may be able to reduce server load.
May I suggest to block off the site entirely from any unregistered users?
kulipator said:
Could be due to rush hour traffic. 30% traffic is from China. I've put it on a plotter to see if that is the case. Otherwise I don't see PL more than 5% which is sort of acceptable due to traffic and hardware combination.

Trit said:
How lucky are you! Because it’s so slow, here, that it is just unbearable. Even the thumbnails in the index pages don’t show instantaneously as they did until yesterday; and the sample pictures seem to timeout quite often.

Take post #772501, and open the large JPG version (10 MiB). The picture should load in just seconds, but right now, it took two complete minutes to fully load (opening a 7 MiB file in Konachan took less than 2s, so my connection is not at fault, especially if I’m not the only one to report a problem occurring since yesterday).
Thumbnails load within 1-2s max, the large JPG version load within 10s. In my book, it's fine. Remember there's a traffic cap for each connection. Konachan uses Cloudflare. I don't.

em1yan said:
the site is under heavy stress server side, guaranteed
avg cpu load is 5 / 12 (12 thread), with 8 / 12 at rush hour. It's not the CPU but the bandwidth with avg bandwidth at 60% avg, 90%-100% rush hour.

kulipator said:
I think so too, it is too slow now.Cloudflare may be able to reduce server load.
The Chinese complain because they wouldn't be able to visit the site if I use CF.

Marona762 said:
May I suggest to block off the site entirely from any unregistered users?
They will just register and this time spam the shit out of the database. I'd rather not.
I'm seeing slowness as well.
Same here since multiple days , the slowness for me is actually isn't an issue, i can wait, i have patience. The only thing that saddens me up is the stability :( no chance to download a image till the end... it always ends after some couple of time in download failed :(
Checkmate said:
Could be due to rush hour traffic. 30% traffic is from China. I've put it on a plotter to see if that is the case. Otherwise I don't see PL more than 5% which is sort of acceptable due to traffic and hardware combination.

Thumbnails load within 1-2s max, the large JPG version load within 10s. In my book, it's fine. Remember there's a traffic cap for each connection. Konachan uses Cloudflare. I don't.

avg cpu load is 5 / 12 (12 thread), with 8 / 12 at rush hour. It's not the CPU but the bandwidth with avg bandwidth at 60% avg, 90%-100% rush hour.

The Chinese complain because they wouldn't be able to visit the site if I use CF.

They will just register and this time spam the shit out of the database. I'd rather not.
I don't want to sound like an entitled contrarian but something is definitely not right. Like @kulipator said above, my tests are also pinging back tons of packet loss (sometimes over 20%+). Packet loss is the worst kind of issue because sometimes you can't even download these files to completion.
My internet is the kind that just eats up 10MB images instantly and they're loading noticeably slow recently, this has never happened to me before either. If it's not the physical server then it's the network side of things.
We wouldn't have people posting complaints if there wasn't something wrong... The fact that its not affecting everyone is a troubleshooting tool, not a writeoff... The website is still degraded / partially offline (here in the US).

There seems to be a disconnect between TWELVE99.NET and COGENTCO.COM domains when tracing out packet data.

I'm not sure where this is hosted, but i would recommend admins check on all traffic data (in and out of country) if they can please...
drfeelgood said:
Same here since multiple days , the slowness for me is actually isn't an issue, i can wait, i have patience. The only thing that saddens me up is the stability :( no chance to download a image till the end... it always ends after some couple of time in download failed :(
Use a download manager like JDownloader 2 - just copy the page URL with the image and it will automatically take the link of the PNG version if available, once you collect like 100 links you can just sit back and let it run in the background.
You can use some browser extensions to take the current page URL with a keyboard shortcut, or without even going to image's page you can click on the thumbnail and select copy link(tho the image may have parents images).