Close
Blacklist for western style pics
Recently there are too much western style pics uploaded, maybe since #32995? and it's a bit annoyning to me.
I used following blacklist to filter them out, after apply it more than half pics become hidden :(

sakimichan
fire_emblem
jmg
afrobull
alexanderdinh
dead_or_alive
ayyasap
marvel
nudtawut_thongmai
dc_comics
league_of_legends
wickellia
one_punch_man
mirco_cabbia
monster_girl
Please don't feel offended, it's totally cool to have these artworks, they are well drawed and I don't hate them, it just feel other artworks are blurred out by them...

For reference, the hot artist tags at 10/16/2021 are:

? + – ayyasap 156
? + – moebell0 47
? + – nori tamago 32
? + – anonimous31 23
? + – gweda 7
? + – lolicept 7
? + – kuroa 6
There are 226 western style posts, only 52 posts are japanese style.

Other method to hide western style pics is to blacklist some uploader (which only upload western style and upload a lot), I don't give the username here but you could find them on the tag ranking.
Since this site doesn't provide uploader blacklist settings, I had to use user script:

// ==UserScript==
// @name Unnamed Script
// @include https://yande.re/*
// @version 1
// @grant none
// ==/UserScript==

blockList = ['Username1', 'Username2'];

document.querySelectorAll('#post-list-posts > li').forEach(function (elm) {
var img = elm.querySelector('img.preview');
if (!img || !img.alt) {
return;
}
blockList.forEach(function (name) {
if (img.alt.indexOf('User: ' + name) >= 0) {
elm.style.display = 'none';
}
});
});
Fill the username to blockList (2 or 3 is enough, not many people upload that kind of pics a lot), save it to example.user.js and drop it to chrome extension window, it should hide most western style pics, there maybe some left but I think it's acceptable. I don't hate western style pics just don't want to see them fill all pages, if someone upload thousand of japanese style pics from the same artist in a short time window I will do the same thing.
Thanks for the script: I don’t know yet if I will use it for western style posts (I already have filled my personal blocklist), but there is one or two uploaders I’d want to hide their posts, because they are quite flooding the index with multiple variations of the same picture, each day.