Close
with the aliasing, a search for pantaloons yields baruma results - probably not intended.

Also, I've noticed that adding certain tags adds others - summer_dress adds dress, but for example lolita_fashion doesn't add dress (and thus most posts tagged as lolita_fashion involve dresses but aren't tagged that way).
Well of course a summer dress/sundress is a type of dress, but not all lolita fashion involves dresses (wa lolita with yukatas, post #152372, post #2906 and so on).

I would rather separate out buruma from bloomers since they've evolved into a separate concept from the original bloomers. Maybe we need a clothing expert? Google's giving me many options, but the most useful seems to be this which suggests "bloomers" or "drawers" for what you're thinking of.
I changed extraction to transparent_png. Extraction really doesn't make any sense when applied to many of those images, since they are not extractions. Danbooru uses a transparent tag for see-through objects, but that tag would work too. I used transparent_png because that's the most clear-cut wording.
Aurelia: Well, are you still able to undo the pantaloons alias to bloomers though? And as I said earlier, danbooru already seperates pantaloons as bloomers and buruma as buruma.
This came up on an image comment, but I recommend some sort of tag that implies "eastern Asian clothes" which you could alias "japanese_clothes" to. There's really no way to find that "type" of outfit (yes I tag and search on clothing types a lot).
Velen said:
I changed extraction to transparent_png.
Are you willing to go through the entire /post archive? I know there's quite a few images that now match transparent_png, but never had the extraction tag on them. Ex: There's a few under the tag photoshop.

Already went through and removed transparent_png from the images that did not have transparency. (Note: some of the earlier images have previews/thumbnails that were generated differently and actually show a white background for transparency instead of black. If you view the full size, it will show up as transparent.)
Of course. I had planned to do so, but my internet hadn't exactly been cooperating. I will try as soon as possible. I also checked the posts tagged with extraction earlier. Guess I was bound to miss a few. Sorry!
Velen said:
I changed extraction to transparent_png.
Thanks for that, Velen.

gohanrice said:
Are you willing to go through the entire /post archive? There's quite a few images that now match transparent_png, but never had the extraction tag on them.
I've cleared vector_trace -transparent_png ext:png a few weeks back and a quick search for photoshop ext:png -transparent_png shows me these are in order. Are there any other transparent candidates? It seems a little wild going through all those ext:png -transparent_png at once.
WtfCakes said:
Aurelia: Well, are you still able to undo the pantaloons alias to bloomers though? And as I said earlier, danbooru already seperates pantaloons as bloomers and buruma as buruma.
I'm able to do it, but I need Aurelia's approval, and others who can update wiki.
transparent_png is too long to write, added a shortcut: trns.
About pantaloons, in first place, didn't seem relevant to searches, and satisfactorily covered by lingerie, so, the tag bloomers has lost meaning for bloomers lovers. Still, I'd like that there would be consensus about it. In my opinion, stop tagging pantaloons as bloomers.
I'm using jpeg scanres btw
most fault tags don't need underscores since I aliased.
Why not just use pantaloons & bloomers as before..
btw I have no difficulty to key in the common tags since I'm using danbooruUP! (゚∀゚)
Okay, Lua and I have finished searching the entire index for every transparent png and tagged them accordingly. Thanks for all your help, Lua! It would have taken me much longer to do all by myself.

blooregardo said:
Much appreciated!
blooregardo said:
danbooruUp has autocomplete for the tag/edit/search fields.
blooregardo said:
About pantaloons, in first place, didn't seem relevant to searches, and satisfactorily covered by lingerie, so, the tag bloomers has lost meaning for bloomers lovers.
Actually, very few bloomers posts are tagged with lingerie the search for the combined tag returns only 10 posts.

However the search for bloomers -lolita_fashion -maid returns almost all of the baruma type - with a few random Touhou (many of which really should be tagged lolita_fashion, but it seems mostly no one tags touhou characters in their standard outfits with any clothing tags which is probably OK)
Okay, so what I'm going to do is:

There will be a couple that need to be fixed manually, but those two searches cover it pretty well.
"Buruma is an English to Japanese to English translation of bloomer, usually identifying an over-pantie or public garment, whose purpose is to cover the pantie and crotch area while leaving the maximum maneuvering room.

Typically this is used as part of a gym uniform, paired up with a t-shirt.

Contrast with bloomers, which are a type of underwear constructed much like boxer shorts worn by women."

Danbooru's wiki
So, bloomers (dialectically speaking) can be also pantaloons? Wouldn't be better just tag pantaloons? (if there's interest in mantain it)
No...everyone I've asked except bakaneko knows what he's referring to either as bloomers or drawers, with pantaloons as just pants (see http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=pantaloons ).
Aurelia said:
You may want to broaden that to bloomers -lolita_fashion -maid -touhou since there seem to be a lot there - out of the first 16 that come up for bloomers touhou 2 are the buruma type and the rest are the "drawers" type.

And I've stopped referring to them as pantaloons ;)
I'll also be glad to spot check mismatches like touhou bloomers touhou buruma and dress buruma (those come immediately to mind) after the change if you want.
bakaneko said:
You may want to broaden that to bloomers -lolita_fashion -maid -touhou
All right, done. Wiki entries bloomers and buruma updated.

Thanks for your help, bakaneko.
Sometimes the tag naming scheme confuses me. How are we naming them? Most commonly used names, romanji translated, cause we can? Some kind of standard would be nice.

I'd vote on commonly used.
the g,al,ge,.co,m (remove the ,'s) is a keyword that is banned by Chinese firewall, so I'm suggesting that it gets reversed and then aliased with non reversed (or any other ideas welcome)
admin2 said:
the g,al,ge,.co,m (remove the ,'s) is a keyword that is banned by Chinese firewall, so I'm suggesting that it gets reversed and then aliased with non reversed (or any other ideas welcome)
It was unblocked for a long time.. did you still have difficulty to browse gal<>ge<>.com/get<>chu<>.com? Nothing wrong with me at least.
fireattack said:
It was unblocked for a long time.. did you still have difficulty to browse galge<>.com/getchu<>.com? Nothing wrong with me at least.
I am not sure, I am always using ssh tunnel, I was talking to someone in Shanghai who said that gal^ge%.com was still a trigger word for GFW
admin2 said:
I am not sure, I am always using ssh tunnel, I was talking to someone in Shanghai who said that galge.com was still a trigger word for GFW
Yeah, I was. But I believe it has been changed in nationwide... I didn't hear the report of exceptions in forums. Well.. due to the randomicity of GFW.. everything is possible :S
Would just gaIge work? Or maybe gaI-ge.com

By the way, why do we still have the yandere tag if tsundere was killed long ago?