Close
Radiosity said:
Agreed with midzki, you guys are getting way too overzealous with the pruning now.
It is better to consolidate, and simplify, the tags. Feitos suggestions were OTT though...
Last call for objections to:
nekomimi/animal ears, beach, and bed

I want to discuss aliasing stockings and thighhighs since they're pretty much the same thing. If someone wants to and is willing to maintain the stockings tag, I'll keep it, otherwise, I'm going to be aliased to thighhighs.
Stockings and thighhighs pretty much the same thing? O_o Just no. Seperate please.
I want to discuss aliasing stockings and thighhighs since they're pretty much the same thing.
No.
Are you willing to go through all the posts that come in and maintain the stockings tag every day? Because I'm not going to.

Going by the description in the wiki and what I'm reading on Wikipedia, stockings are just thighhighs with straps and/or a garter belt. Then there are posts with thighhighs and garter belts but no stockings tag. The visual effect to me is almost the same. But as I said, if you want to keep it, hammer out more concrete definitions for thighhighs, stockings and garter belts, and then you maintain it.
I have really seen the need have stockings except when I need warmth during the winter and prefer to have something much much shorter like a skirt. I'm not sure it's even the same thing here in Sweden but it's a bit longer and thicker and covers up to the waist.
Perhaps you're thinking of pantyhose/tights or leggings?

Edit:
Before I do any of the ears/-mimi aliases, what are your thoughts on the catgirl tag?
imo ears would cover it, if you want separate catgirls better to keep nekomimi
Aurelia said:
Perhaps you're thinking of pantyhose/tights or leggings?

Edit:
Before I do any of the ears/-mimi aliases, what are your thoughts on the catgirl tag?
That's it! When it comes to clothes I rarely use English terms >.<
Breast and nipples? Cleavage when one is not wearing a brah? Come on guys, I know you know better than that... maybe it's time to add "eyes" to every face I see as well?
Feito said:
Breast and nipples? Cleavage when one is not wearing a brah? Come on guys, I know you know better than that... maybe it's time to add "eyes" to every face I see as well?
Now, now don't get cheeky, Feito.

Breast - is bare visible naked breast
Nipples - self explanatory
Cleavage - this doesn't mean bare, and it's usually referred as clothings over the breasts while the breasts are exposed, though not in a naked manner.

ex - http://images.google.com/images?ei=AcJfSt20Nse_tgerpJngAw&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=cleavage&resnum=0&sa=N&tab=wi&um=1
aoie_emesai said:
Now, now don't get cheeky, Feito.

Breast - is bare visible naked breast
Nipples - self explanatory
Cleavage - this doesn't mean bare, and it's usually referred as clothings over the breasts while the breasts are exposed, though not in a naked manner.

ex - http://images.google.com/images?ei=AcJfSt20Nse_tgerpJngAw&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=cleavage&resnum=0&sa=N&tab=wi&um=1
dammit aoie..my eyes bled when i clicked that link :p
syaoran-kun said:
dammit aoie..my eyes bled when i clicked that link :p
Real boobs not good enough for you, sayo ^^

ps: yay my calenders are shipped, GO EMS! ^^ Might be here by saturday.
nipple_slip should die, merge it with nipples
I was making a list of tags we should remove yesterday too.

skirt_lift was one of them.
Now that we're systematically pruning every single tag that anyone on the globe at any given time might consider useless, let's get rid of "tagme."

Seriously, that BS has to go.
Saenz said:
Now that we're systematically pruning every single tag that anyone on the globe at any given time might consider useless, let's get rid of "tagme."

I couldn't agree with you more Saenz!.....but vistigris wants that tag to only be removed (images) under certain conditions.
tagme is used by people who edit tags so it is not useless
Tagme is almost as useless as those newfangled fault tags that you whippersnappers use nowadays. Screening? Crease? Fixme? We shouldn't need separate tags to correct images that are as faulty as my own logic!

Also, go to the tags page, select "artists" from the drop-down menu, and hit search. Practically all those tags are useless. Zing!
Saenz said:
Screening? Crease? Fixme? We shouldn't need separate tags to correct images that are as faulty as my own logic!
Your logic is indeed faulty. It helps the person fixing the image to know what the actual fault is.

Fixme is redundant though.

Saenz said:
You should at least have artist/character/copyright. Some images will have artist only tags.

No need to keep tagme after that.
Saenz said:

What? Please explain this further. Tagme is only there, cause the main tags have yet to be tagged. Once it's been correctly tagged or tag at least, then it can be removed. It is simply a place holder.

We don't want to go about leaving images that can use tagging to be left in the thousands of images on the site that can also use some identification.
Radioactive said:
You should at least have artist/character/copyright. Some images will have artist only tags.

No need to keep tagme after that.
There it is. Those are the certain conditions. I was taught by vistigris that "tagme" shouldn't be removed unless those conditions are met. Any images that doesn't meet those requirements will have "tagme" there.

Of those three, the artist tag is the primary condition of the "tagme" tag...and there is a reason why that tag is the primary one. Certain images will have characters ( or whatever) that are nameless and/or copyright-less. For those certain images, as long as the artist tag is available, the "tagme" tag can be removed even without the character & copyright tag. There can be some exceptions to some images...but I don't think I can explain that one clearly. vistigris and the other Mods and Admin(s) can.

It seems the "tagme" tag is here to stay since there are a lot of images that needs tagging and it's near impossible to tag them all without correct available information.
If everyone who submitted their scans here, and tagged everything then that tag wouldn't be necessary :)
In case you guys couldn't tell, I'm being very sarcastic here...

... And here.

Tagme is almost as useless as those newfangled fault tags that you whippersnappers use nowadays. Screening? Crease? Fixme? We shouldn't need separate tags to correct images that are as faulty as my own logic!

Also, go to the tags page, select "artists" from the drop-down menu, and hit search. Practically all those tags are useless. Zing!
My real view is that we should just leave things as they are 90 percent of the time unless something is obviously redundant or useless (like "photoshop disaster," if something is that bad, just delete it instead of creating a separate tag for it).

Phasing out "magazine scan," "spread," and "pinup" seems like common sense, phasing out useful tags like "megane," "shimapan," and "nipples" is just going too far with the pruning.
We are not danbooru to tag every bloody thing, and many tags are redundant. Instead of being negative you could comment on why you want to keep tags we want to remove, all tags are mentioned in this thread before they are getting deleted.
Saenz said:
In case you guys couldn't tell, I'm being very sarcastic here...
And how are we supposed to tell that? We aren't issued with sarcasm detectors.
Imbir said:
We are not danbooru to tag every bloody thing, and many tags are redundant. Instead of being negative you could comment on why you want to keep tags we want to remove, all tags are mentioned in this thread before they are getting deleted.
I'm not saying I want to tag everything on the site with a million different tags. A few pages ago, someone suggested deleting "thighhighs." If you delete those, you basically remove the ability to search for one of the most common "fetishes" ever - zettai ryouiki. Last time I looked at Danbooru, they not only had a "thighhighs" tag, but also a "white thighhighs" tag, a "black thighhighs" tag, a "knee socks" tag, as well as a dozen other tags that related to thighhighs. Those in my opinion are all redundant. "White thighhighs," "black thighhighs," and "knee socks" can all be grouped under "thighhighs," so I'm all for getting rid of those tags if they exist on Moe.

Removing "thighhighs" itself, though, also removes your ability to search for those images. It's a bit like removing the "noizi_ito" tag or the "oyari_ashito" tag - you have no hope of easily finding images from those artists if the tags are gone.

As for the negativity, the sarcasm, and the incessant snarking, they're part of my nature and can't be easily changed. I can certainly try, though.

EDIT: Unless the user who suggested removing "thighhighs" was also being sarcastic, in which case I'll feel like a ⑨ for the rest of the day.
So leave the fap tags, remove the rest?