Close
aoie_emesai said:
Here's some more that probably should be gone.

• leotard
If you plan to delete this? Why not just add swimsuit and bikini to it as well? As it's litterly the same thing.
anyways here's my opinion on tagging

1) useless tags will always be added, the site is growing everyday so there will be more and more people adding useless tags.
2) if you really think the tag is useful then you will have to maintain it
3) I don't want to see moderators spending hours adding/removing tags because of strict policies.

Thats my 2cents, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong..
1) useless tags will always be added, the site is growing everyday so there will be more and more people adding useless tags.
True. The 'deletethistag' alias will keep the oft used 'useless' tags under control though.
2) if you really think the tag is useful then you will have to maintain it
That would be the 'faults' tags with me.
3) I don't want to see moderators spending hours adding/removing tags because of strict policies.
hardly see it as a strict policy though. We're not like (d)Danbooru...
MugiMugi said:
If you plan to delete this? Why not just add swimsuit and bikini to it as well? As it's litterly the same thing.
We can imply it. And in the anime sense, they both are mostly the same.

Smore tags -

• watersports (Had to read up on this, jeees... these slangs ^^)
  • e2 - I'm pretty sure this means the Magazines.
  • phonecard
  • c73 - Probably stuff from Comiket 73.
  • pireze = This is a source. I'll go and edit these and add it to the source. After I wake up :)
Tired... sleep calls.
aoie_emesai said:
  • watersports (Had to read up on this, jeees... these slangs ^^)
  • e2 - I'm pretty sure this means the Magazines.
  • phonecard
  • c73 - Probably stuff from Comiket 73.
Got rid of these since they're pretty useless and there weren't many posts tagged with them.

What about snow? I think it would be useful if it were used more, but it only has 19 posts as of now.
one question
does scanning artifacts contain scanning dusts?
e.x. staple, glue, hair..
Hmm, I thought I already got rid of snow. I'll do it now then.

midzki said:
one question
does scanning artifacts contain scanning dusts?
e.x. staple, glue, hair..
There's stapled, dirt and glue, with a couple uses. I guess we could put them into a blanket scanning_crap tag or something if you want.
Aurelia said:
There's stapled, dirt and glue, with a couple uses. I guess we could put them into a blanket scanning_crap tag or something if you want.
Some of the fault tags are a waste of time. We can lose glue, and stapled, and merge them into binding_issues. Change dirt into scanning_dust (Unless you can think of an different name?)

Perhaps we need a fault tag for when the scanned artwork was damaged pre-scan?
stapled always has crease and it can be fixed with same process. crease is enough imo.
and how about add damaged & dust both.

besides, more 2 suggestions..
1) change duplicate into fault tags
2) add uncalibrated or unleveled for any scans having color problem
Shouldn't glue/staples should be binding_issues, and not treated as a crease? Don't know.

The duplicate tag is used so people can flag potential duplicate images for the attention of the mods. It doesn't need to be a fault tag.

Midzki - http://moe.imouto.org/tag?name=&type=6&order=date We don't want too many fault tags but color_issues is a good one.
Yeah, try not to add too many. I'd never remember all of them too ^^

Use glue, dirt for scanning artifacts.
Radioactive said:
Shouldn't glue/staples should be binding_issues, and not treated as a crease? Don't know.
it's my point of view as a editor, staples are treated as a bit huge crease while fixing, but to handle glue sometimes needs different editing process (cropping or massive repainting). glue may be a binding_issues, but stapled aren't potent problem for fix it. it's same issue to crease for me (if image hasn't discoloration).

I think fault tags aren't for search images, they're of the help to know how to scan/edit images. so I suggested based on difference of scanning/editing process.
So we can alias glue/staples to crease, change dirt to scanning_dust, and add color_issues. Any other thoughts?

We can also lose photoshop_disaster, and horrible
I think no need to use alias, just erase old tags & replace them because only few people are using fault tags.

and one thing.. glue should be to cropme or scanning_dust based on fixing difficulty.
others are no objection :)
Aurelia, do you want to go ahead and do this?
Radioactive said:
Aurelia, do you want to go ahead and do this?
Yes, the ideas are good. You'll have to implement this though, since I'm leaving today until Thurs. I'll go update the definitions in the wiki when you've started.
Aurelia said:
Yes, the ideas are good. You'll have to implement this though, since I'm leaving today until Thurs. I'll go update the definitions in the wiki when you've started.
OK. I'll PM you when I've done it.
Radioactive said:

The duplicate tag is used so people can flag potential duplicate images for the attention of the mods. It doesn't need to be a fault tag.

Midzki - http://moe.imouto.org/tag?name=&type=6&order=date We don't want too many fault tags but color_issues is a good one.
BTW, I think we should start to clear the duplicate posts.
It looks only mod can do it and there will have much work..
fireattack said:
BTW, I think we should start to clear the duplicate posts.
It looks only mod can do it and there will have much work..
It isn't going to hurt to leave them onsite until a mod has had a chance to look.
Is shimapan really useful tag? (it apparently means "striped panties") In my opinion pantsu is enough but if you think otherwise please explain why.
Azarel said:
Is shimapan really useful tag? (it apparently means "striped panties") In my opinion pantsu is enough but if you think otherwise please explain why.
You dare remove my shimapan. ^^ It's a kind of moe elements.
fireattack said:
You dare remove my shimapan. ^^ It's a kind of moe elements.
well it doesn't really bother me so if it's useful to someone I don't care if it stays
I've though of clearing that but it seems to have gotten really popular and we tend to keep the popular ones.
More for us >.<

*Fishnets (stocking type)
nipple_slip... What's its point?
Seems to me the nipples tag fixes the fact of visibility and tags like wardrobe_malfunction (if that is still properly in use) takes care of the rest. The nipple_slip tag also seems to be used on all sorts of occasions including ones where it's not all that unintentional... like sitting butt-naked in a tub.
Chrissues said:
nipple_slip... What's its point?
Seems to me the nipples tag fixes the fact of visibility and tags like wardrobe_malfunction (if that is still properly in use) takes care of the rest. The nipple_slip tag also seems to be used on all sorts of occasions including ones where it's not all that unintentional... like sitting butt-naked in a tub.
Those 2 are both still in use but wardrobe malfunction to me seems more like a comical tag rather than a tag we should use. Nipple slip is another one of those tags that aren't suppose to be here but through mass usage it caught on.
I think wardrobe_malfunction serves its purpose, it's a useful tag for the hundreds of images featuring girls in string bikinis who apparently can't tie knots to save their lives. That and the various other types of image featuring girls having 'accidental' clothing incidents.
It's been a while...but, how do people feel about onsen? I feel like it's part of the same category as bed and beach, which I already got rid of, but it has enough uses to give me pause.
Umm... Why don't you add the tag Ice Cream? There are a lot of people who likes pictures with Ice Cream and I've seen many of them... Or perhaps the tag "food", or "eating". :3

I know, kinda useless. ;_;

Mmm onsen? Well it won't be missed by me. :-D
There's now cream that's useful when the ice cream melts and cover the body, sometimes, conveniently.
The tag I see no use is bottomless, because of nopan.