Close
Vote on a new tag digital_rip
Hi everyone,

Since there has been several releases of digital artbook in recent years, I think we should have a new tags for those to prevent duplication. I still prefer physical scans since they are often higher resolution and digital rips still have lots of jpg compression.

That's why I want to push a vote for a general digital_rip in condition below:

1. Only applies to artbook in digital format. Any media that has a game_cg or wallpapers tag is automatically considered digital_rip. As such, it does not need to be tagged.

2. Digital version of manga/doujinshi cover/pages, if any, should also be tagged with digital_rip, if it is known as such.

Let me know what you think about it.
Should be digital_copy or digital_format not digital_rip
Forget to mention once this get decided, we can choose the specific tagging.
See no issue but game cg / wallpaper doesn't necessarily mean that they have jpg compression which I think can be a bit confusing. Various ones I've gone through (well I don't go through a lot to begin with) don't exhibit any artifact in the game files.
game cg and wallpaper does not need to be tagged. Those most likely does not have any jpg compression either.

They are not in the scope of this vote. It's rather, from kindle, and various rips from pdf format.
Ah okay, misread it I guess, sick atm so may explain a bit.
It's okay, I'd say "digital" is good enough. Also should be implied that game extractions such as characters shouldn't be tagged since it's obvious.
So, what's the verdict?
Currently in favor of having a new tag. The vote will continue for another week.

Here are the list of suggested new tag for digital format:

digital
digital_format
digital_version

A description for the tag is also required. Which one everyone prefer the most? Make a suggestion if you come up with something better.
I say go for digital. Let's keep it simple for tagging.
Going with digital or digital_version. There's the potential confusion of 'digital' being stuff on pixiv also. Even despite having a description, not everyone and I imagine most read the descriptions for a tag.
Yeah the most important is to avoid using it for pixiv images. Maybe digital_file?
If that is a concern wouldn't digital_release be better?
I like the digital_version more than digital_release
Checkmate said:
I like the digital_version more than digital_release
Supporting this. The "version" implies that there is another instance of the media and that would exclude pixiv images.
Of course, it will be like the typical yande.re tag that has a lot of usage rules but that's okay.
blooregardo said:
Supporting this. The "version" implies that there is another instance of the media and that would exclude pixiv images.
Of course, it will be like the typical yande.re tag that has a lot of usage rules but that's okay.
Yeah, vote in for digital_version.
If no one oppose, the tag digital_version will be required for any digital release of the artbook, doujinshi if known starting next week.
By the way, could anyone (preferably in Japanese?) communicate with drop so that he will still upload his scans even if the digital versions exist?