Close
In order for this to be generally useful, let's stick to techniques that are generally usable. If you use several passes on an image, try to explain why you did it, so it's easy to understand and apply to other situations.

Post #52817 (original: post #52818):

First, reduce the large screening. Greyc at dt 40, p .5, a .4, alpha 1.3. (The high alpha is to compensate for the "large" screening.) This spreads out the larger noise without reducing detail.

Second, reduce the smaller noise that the last pass left. Greyc again at p .6, a .4, alpha .5. (The small alpha is because we're now dealing with fine noise.)

This does a pretty good job, but there's still noise clearly visible in the darker areas. I tried something different here: select just the darker areas (Select -> Color range -> Shadows) and run greyc again. This time, sharpness .8, aniso .6, alpha .5. (Still low alpha since we're again dealing with fine noise; raise the sharpness or we'll start to damage details.)

Then standard stuff: rotated a little to fix alignment, reduced to 65%, and cropped.

It could probably be improved a bit, but it looks decent, and this is all scriptable (except for the final rotation/crop), so I can make an action and apply it to the rest of the images in this set automatically--which is important; I usually don't want to spend hours fiddling with dozens of images one at a time.

Note that when I did each individual part, I saved it to a Photoshop action. Then, expanding the action shows the settings, and I can drag them together into a single action when I'm done for batching.