Close
Ratings Suggestions
I was going through some and found something that didn't make sense.

http://moe.imouto.org/post/show/153/bed-feena-fam-earthlight-stick-poster-thighhighs-y

This person says they changed the rating to questionable. Frankly I think it's kinda ridiculous. It made me realize that there is no real rating guideline. This strikes me too much like the MPAA ratings system. Up for individual whim and subject to change.

Explicit:
Any image depicting full nudity or sexual activity

Questionable:
Depictions of partial nudity, wet transparent clothing, simulations of sexual activity

Safe:
Everything else
There hasn't been any real rating system enforced.

What does others think?

There's one that applies to danbooru located here

http://moe.imouto.org/help/ratings

We can modify that to better suit moe.imouto
knightedfeline said: This person says they changed the rating to questionable.
Indeed. Reverted to safe and ratinglocked.

Explicit: Any image depicting full nudity or sexual activity
Questionable: Depictions of partial nudity, wet transparent clothing, simulations of sexual activity
Safe: Everything else
I concur. This is more or less my rubric as well.
admin2 said: There's one that applies to danbooru located here http://moe.imouto.org/help/rating
danbooru.donmai is a little more liberal with what safe covers than what that indicates now, i.e. swimsuits and lingerie are generally safe rather than borderline and *minor* cameltoe can be safe too. I think what knightedfeline suggested is more or less how it's done there and how I've been doing it here.

I notice that just about everything here tends to be questionable, but I'm pretty sure that's just a matter of people not thinking to set a rating when they upload, as questionable is the default.
I'm glad to see people respond so well. Thank you.

I brought this up because I see so easy for others to project their will on others if there isn't a clear definition of things.

I also don't see why people should be upset at things that you can see "on the street." I have seen shirts that leave little to the imagination, bras aplenty, camel toe on a regular basis, and panties and thongs showing with little regard and pants too tight and too small. It makes no sense for me to see these things censored or their existence denied.

I just don't like people who censor based on their own prejudice. I'm not saying that I see that here, but I see the potential for that happening here, if we don't do something to prevent it. I see it as, "If you wish for peace, prepare for war."
Here's an easy explanation for them.

Safe - it's work safe
Questionable - panty shots, partial nudity, like jxh said mostly 75% of the images posted here belongs in this group
Explicit - hentai material
aoie_emesai said: Questionable - panty shots, partial nudity, like jxh said mostly 75% of the images posted here belongs in this group
Hmm, no, you're a lot stricter than I would be. When I've gone through and retagged whole series before, I've also done rating, and probably 80% was safe, depending on the series. The majority of magazine scans are, as I see it, safe.

I didn't say the majority of images posted here *should* be questionable, only that they *are*, because uploaders didn't bother to or didn't think to check the rating. So a lot of uploads went in as "questionable" simply because that's the default option. Choose nothing, and thats how it'll appear.

I would never rate a mere pantyshot as questionable unless the situation was highly sexualized and/or there was massive cameltoe. I don't believe in "worksafe" in the true sense as a metric for rating 'safe', if only because it's almost NEVER worksafe to be browsing anime images at work. Fully clothed or not, sexy pose or not, you're still going to get a lot of funny looks.

So I think I'm closer to knightedfeline than to your definition, on questionable anyway.
This is a rough estimate ^^.

"I would never rate a mere pantyshot as questionable unless the situation was highly sexualized and/or there was massive cameltoe. I don't believe in "worksafe" in the true sense as a metric for rating 'safe', if only because it's almost NEVER worksafe to be browsing anime images at work. Fully clothed or not, sexy pose or not, you're still going to get a lot of funny looks."

This is where our opinion would start altering. From my beliefs, i'm agnostic just in case you're wondering too ^^. Other than the panty shot, I agree with you on everything else.
aoie_emesai said: This is where our opinion would start altering. From my beliefs, i'm agnostic just in case you're wondering too ^^. Other than the panty shot, I agree with you on everything else.
I think the connection between agnosticism and pantyshots went over my head >_>
jxh2154 said:
I think the connection between agnosticism and pantyshots went over my head >_>
It has no relationship once so ever ^^, lol.
aoie_emesai said: It has no relationship once so ever ^^, lol.
Fair enough =P