Close
Started playing Touhou a little ago. It's so addictive.
As a lot of people, I'm waiting for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. I play Stepmania too! I'm good at it.
blooregardo said:
Started playing Touhou a little ago. It's so addictive.
As a lot of people, I'm waiting for Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3. I play Stepmania too! I'm good at it.
Never played the first StarCraft. Been keeping alerts on IGN for StarCraft II.

Halo Wars was my first Real-Time Strategy game...so if I loved Halo Wars, then StarCraft II shouldn't disappoint seeing how a lot of people on searches say the first StarCraft is the best.

For StarCraft II, hopefully I don't have problems playing on the PC because I play with controllers with games throughout my whole life. Hoping I can play with my controller. If not, have to try keyboard and mouse...but my success with that type goes down greatly.
AZD-A9S said:
Never played the first StarCraft. Been keeping alerts on IGN for StarCraft II.

Halo Wars was my first Real-Time Strategy game...so if I loved Halo Wars, then StarCraft II shouldn't disappoint seeing how a lot of people on searches say the first StarCraft is the best.

For StarCraft II, hopefully I don't have problems playing on the PC because I play with controllers with games throughout my whole life. Hoping I can play with my controller. If not, have to try keyboard and mouse...but my success with that type goes down greatly.
I'm going to say that Starcraft 1 is like best ever IMO. Probably one of only strategy games I play. Well AZD i think if you tried to use controller you would actually fail a lot more in playing it. Because you won't have the advantage of shortcuts or hotlinks. You'll have to be dragging the controller a LOT.
HaruhiSuzumiya said:
I'm going to say that Starcraft 1 is like best ever IMO. Probably one of only strategy games I play. Well AZD i think if you tried to use controller you would actually fail a lot more in playing it. Because you won't have the advantage of shortcuts or hotlinks. You'll have to be dragging the controller a LOT.
Yeah I can see what you say is true.

Halo Wars is my first and it was designed for a console. PC games are different when it comes to RTS. Keyboard have many buttons to play with right? More buttons mean more shortcuts right?

I can play with controllers for other types of games but when it comes to RTS, keyboards and mouse are best right?

In that case I better learn with them when I get it.
AZD-A9S said:

Halo Wars is my first and it was designed for a console. PC games are different when it comes to RTS. Keyboard have many buttons to play with right? More buttons mean more shortcuts right?

I can play with controllers for other types of games but when it comes to RTS, keyboards and mouse are best right?

That is exactly correct. I believe you'll get easily oriented with the shortcuts after maybe 1 week at max. I found it hard to switch to the whole computer shortcuts thing since i was a controller person like yourself. : ) But it really does make a big difference. And you can "Stack" with hotkeys. Which is critical in games like spawn d and rpg games.
AZD-A9S said:

That is exactly correct. I believe you'll get easily oriented with the shortcuts after maybe 1 week at max. I found it hard to switch to the whole computer shortcuts thing since i was a controller person like yourself. : ) But it really does make a big difference. And you can "Stack" with hotkeys. Which is critical in games like spawn d and rpg games.
HaruhiSuzumiya said:
Many thanks Haruhi. Hey do you think I should find the first StarCraft game and play it to get ready for its sequel? I can tell I'm not going to find them in stores where I live.
AZD-A9S said:
Many thanks Haruhi. Hey do you think I should find the first StarCraft game and play it to get ready for its sequel? I can tell I'm not going to find them in stores where I live.
No problem AZD. : ) Yes I would highly recommend because you might get really stuck when it comes to the strategies for SCII. Such as not knowing which units are good against which and so on. Um I believe stores still have SC 1. At least the stores nearby me do. Many people still play SC 1 on b-net and since it's free double-win. Yey! Try ordering online though if you can't find it.
HaruhiSuzumiya said:
No problem AZD. : ) Yes I would highly recommend because you might get really stuck when it comes to the strategies for SCII. Such as not knowing which units are good against which and so on. Um I believe stores still have SC 1. At least the stores nearby me do. Many people still play SC 1 on b-net and since it's free double-win. Yey! Try ordering online though if you can't find it.
Alright then I'll order online. Thanks.

I have EXCITEMENT!
RAID OF NEW GAMES FOR MY PS3 COMING SOON:

-Ratchet & Clank (25USD).
-Elder Scroll: Oblivion (34 USD).
-Valkyria Chronicles (50USD).
-Street Fighter IV (40USD).

Nicea deals? Well, not gonna buy them all at once D: But the plan is to get all of them.
I forget that I can't buy anything till October. Darn! I better try to get StarCraft before November & December. Lots of my favorite series are being released in those months.

kyoushiro said:
RAID OF NEW GAMES FOR MY PS3 COMING SOON:

-Ratchet & Clank (25USD).
-Street Fighter IV (40USD).

Nicea deals? Well, not gonna buy them all at once D: But the plan is to get all of them.
Do you have a monthly list? I know I do.
Do you have a top priority for those listed...like which one is a must have before the others?
Valkyria is the top priority. Then SFIV, Oblivion and R&C.

PS3 Oblivion is a rarity now :(
kyoushiro said:
I wouldn't bother with Oblivion. Only the PC mods make it just about bearable to play.

Valkyrie Chronicles is great.

I've got a pre-order for Agarest: Generations of War
kyoushiro said:
Valkyria is the top priority. Then SFIV, Oblivion and R&C.

PS3 Oblivion is a rarity now :(
Really? When was it released?

Radioactive said:
I wouldn't bother with Oblivion. Only the PC mods make it just about bearable to play.
How bad is it?
AZD-A9S said:
How bad is it?
http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=142

Tedium. Every time I've decided to try to replay it I've spent more time installing the mods then playing the game. Had the same experience with Morrowind.
Dunno what you're talking about, because I LOVE Morrowind :D I played that thing like... +200 hours.

And the first 3 hours I spent playing X360 Oblivion I loved it too :D
Got Valkyria :D Gonna play it calmly next wednesday.

Also, downloaded Megaman 9 and Street Fighter 2 HD Remix :D~
Only worth playing right now is Aion...... :D just done with my 16 hours session for today....
I don't know what dose people see in Aion that is new and different than other MMORPG games .

be cause for example the only difference between Aion and WoW in the gameplay side is that the character have wings and PvP could be done in the air but it's some how, i feel it's slow . :S

but the only difference bwttwen them is the graphics and the character designs

well that's only an opinion :P

personly i am waiting for Blade & Soul and it's fomr NC Soft too.
=========================================
Main PSN : SHaaMssEY
Second PSN : UAE-RULES

Most of Time Nazi Zombie and Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G
I find MMORPGs so...pointless...
Well everybody has their own tastes.

Thanks for the information kyoushiro & Radioactive.
The difference is quite mayor Sekt-Anya, WOW is an PVE game with minor PVP content, Aion is an PVP game with minor PVE content.

That's a HUGE difference in gameplay. And there is many more differences in the game beside just that.

But the core in Aion is just fortress Sieges, and large scale battles ( non instance shit like WOW )
well...u got a point, didn't really see it from that side but after all as AZD-A9S said it's matter of tastes, any i didn't like any one of them :)

personally i prefer cabal

Faster and more action and style on it than any MMORPG i had seen until now

oh will..... ^^
btw, did any one play Melty Blood : Actress Again ?
if there is some one did, have u manged to get the Eclipse Moon Style that it's only available at the boss rush mode ?

i had been trying to week every day for 5 hours straight and couldn't get it T_T my hand is cracking .
Radioactive said:
I find MMORPGs so...pointless...
after i played some MMORPGs, i found console games pointless.

you just play alone and your score, level or whatever you do stays in your memory card, in your house, with you.

while in MMORPGs others will see what you earn, it's not staying only with you, you can share stuff and get help, and you decide when the game ends (because they're usually never-ending).

it's still nice to play console games, but to have in mind all you're doing is going nowhere gives me a weird feeling now.
well if you play a game for 8 months non-stop, you'll obviously end up like that.

i know that because exactly the same thing happened to me, i felt exactly the same way, i didn't play for 8 months in a row but still a lot, and when i got to some high level, i thought the same, and finally quit the game, and felt "like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders" too.

since that day i think playing games in general is a waste of time, but playing from time to time is not too bad.
BlazBlue will get an update! lol

More new mechanics, 2 new characters and new special moves, among other things.

And Arakune will have more ways to curse you! zomg!
So basically his biggest complaint is that he don't want to play an competitive game with other peoples that have no true end. Maybe he should realize that MMO isn't for him.

Sadly WOW have destroyed the MMO genre to much due how little partying that game requires, only at a few times you actually really need to party >< thats sad.

Because MMO should be about team play and thats how I play the games.