Close
Uh? Where?

I am a Pump man, btw :P DDR isn't very popular here.
I am mortally shocked. How can this be? What country you at?

Q-Feuilles's face perfectly describes my shock lol.
Also awesome avatar kyoushiro. : ) Kotomi and her VIOLIN OF DOOM run for the hills!
Kotomi just learned how to play this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1K9NKAbct8

With a VIOLIN. AND YES, BOTH SONGS (String Nocturne and String Requiem) HAVE HIGH DESTRUCTIVE POWER.

... I suddenly remembered how shitty Saint Seiya games were :/
I just played StepMania using the dance pad... I totally sucked.
what kind of songs did you play with it?

Hopefully not one of those "keyboard-level" charts, which are impossible to play with a dance pad.
kyoushiro said:
I am a Pump man
So, you play Pump It Up? I used to, was good at it, but I didn't like Pump It Uo NXA so I left it.
SE QUE ME QUIERES TENEEEEER
Y YO TE PROMETO
PROMETO NO HABLARTE DE AMOOOO (8)

I like NXA because of the mexican songs lol
No problem about that, but BanYa failed. Yhapp was not being well payed and the videos were done in flash (apparently) IMO
lol Dunno about that but I like the videos.

... well, not all of them are that great, but they still look decent.

Only complain I have for NXA is the horrible arranging they did to Canon X-1.
kyoushiro said:
what kind of songs did you play with it?

Hopefully not one of those "keyboard-level" charts, which are impossible to play with a dance pad.
Of course not. I tried the song "Big girls don't cry" in Heavy mode. The best I did was 133 miss.

It's addicting. I want to play again.
DJ Hero was released today.

Sorry for the word, but fuck Activision. They're ruining the charm of music games. 200USD for this game? :|
HaruhiSuzumiya said:
I am mortally shocked. How can this be? What country you at?
Sorry for double posting, but I just noticed this.

Did you ask me? I live in Mexico.

AFAIK, China, Korea (duh), Taiwan, ALL LATINAMERICA and some european countries are Pump territories.

DDR is a rarity here (arcades, I mean, the console games are relatively easy to find).
kyoushiro said:
DJ Hero was released today.

Sorry for the word, but fuck Activision. They're ruining the charm of music games. 200USD for this game? :|
Depending on the Platform, aren't games usually between $30 to 70USD? Why is that game $200USD? What's so special about it? Is there some additional equipment that comes with it?
Try DJ Max (oh wait did the US steal yet another idea from this magnificent game serie?)
AZD-A9S said:
Depending on the Platform, aren't games usually between $30 to 70USD? Why is that game $200USD? What's so special about it? Is there some additional equipment that comes with it?
It comes with a DJ turntable.

The game isn't actually bad, from what I could see, but it isn't that innovate either. At least the remixes featured there are decent. It's still not worth that price, it's more expensive than the PS2 US Beatmania game released some time ago.
Just found this. I haven't played 2d castlevania since aria of sorrow... thoughts? The voice over is kinda cheesy thou >.>
(I miss Imbir for some strange reason...although she could be on the IRC instead of here. Hm.........)

kyoushiro said:
It comes with a DJ turntable.

The game isn't actually bad, from what I could see, but it isn't that innovate either. At least the remixes featured there are decent. It's still not worth that price, it's more expensive than the PS2 US Beatmania game released some time ago.
Oh...there had to be some reason why they had the price like that...so it was the turntable...that's all? $200USD is like the retain price of past consoles.

What type of price you think it should be accepted for the game and a turntable?
US Beatmania was 70, IIRC
Feito said:
Just found this. I haven't played 2d castlevania since aria of sorrow... thoughts? The voice over is kinda cheesy thou >.>
You just found it?

That Castlevania is as cool as all the other Castlevanias.
Except that it's pretty easy and lineal, since you are outside the castle, the areas you have to explore next appear once you finish your current area (while, in previous CV's, you could get lost in the castle and you just wouldn't know where else to go).

But you can attack faster than in previous games (more action!), and Albus, the secondary character, is the coolest (well) secondary character of all the Castlevanias, IMO.
It's challenging, but not as much as Portrait of Ruin.

The voices can be changed to the original japanese voices.
Only cool Metroidvania games are Circle of the Moon, Aria and Dawn of Sorrow.

Rest (including SOTN) = ugh.
kyoushiro said:
Only cool Metroidvania games are Circle of the Moon, Aria and Dawn of Sorrow.

Rest (including SOTN) = ugh.
You kidding? I played Harmony of Dissonance and Aria of Sorrow first. Then I tried Circle of the Moon and I just couldn't finish it because it sucked way too much.

But I think I'll give it a last chance and play it, since I just read it is part of the official story of Castlevania (it wasn't till Portrait of Ruin was released).

SOTN is teh best. The one that is under development for PS3 looks even better.
No, COTM doesn't suck. You must be a really bad player to drop it :D

COTM is a Metroidvania that has something a lot of the other titles lack: DIFFICULT.

SOTN is... okay. Still inferior to the ones I mentioned because of the difficult detail (thing's too easy it becomes too boring in the end).

And... official list of best Castlevanias overall:

1.- Castlevania 3.
2.- Super Castlevania IV.
3.- Dracula X.

That's all.
Add Castlevania 2. That one was even harder, specially if you were an 8 years old child with poor english knowledge.

But it's true, Castlevanias are too easy, and they've become only easier and easier. The difficulty of the game should be focused on how to go through the castle, more trabs and dead-ends.

Even though SOTN is easy, the feeling the game gives is unique.
No it doesn't.

It's recycled Dracula X feeling. Which makes it inferior to the ORIGINAL.
OMG...

Castlevania Rondo of Blood (the original Dracula X) is broken, difficult wise. I regret my words, Dracula X for PSP was worth the price. And poor SOTN is begging me to play it.
I finished Circle of the Moon yesterday.

Data report:
Lv: 45
Time: 5:53:28
Rate: 94.5%
Cards: Action: 3/10 (Mercury, Jupiter, Mars) - Attribute: 5/10 (Salamander, Serpent, Mandragora, Manticore, Griffin)
Items: Platinum Armor, Double Grips (x2)

I'll get 100% later... probably.

It was a nice game, but I don't think it's worth a replay.
Can't wait till midnight gets here. I'm dying to get it. Full reserved so I can just get it.
Get wha game? And in what country?
HaruhiSuzumiya said:
Get wha game? And in what country?
Call Of Duty: Modern Warefare 2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2

Worldwide? Is that really true? Never knew...although that one Japanese fellow (I assume since from Nico Nico Douga and then YouTube so not accurate) made a really awesome MAD video out of the first Modern Warfare using Touhou Sakuya's theme: Flowering Nights or Night of Knights or one of those two names.

In this cold, I really shouldn't be going in my condition but I'll have help with me to fetch it.
Heheheheheh men love their COD I'm thinking I'll stay with my BB and LOTR BFME II