Close
Mandatory gaming thread! - PS4 FTW
So... yeah, do you guys still play VGs? (eroges and all that don't count).

I could finally connect my PSP and PS3 online, and so I've been coming back to online play more actively.

Resistance Retribution for PSP is probably the best online game for that platform, though I'm looking for more. I may give that portable Little Big Planet a chance when it's released.

And as for PS3, I only have Fifa 09 (lol included with console) and BlazBlue. Haven't tried online yet because I am still not in shape to give a good fight.

And... well, yeah, all my titles for Saturn, Dreamcast, XBox and PS2 are still there. I play them once in a while.

Kay, discuss!
I just play JRPGS on consoles, Final Fantasy and such. Also SRPGS like Disgaea.
Such an disgrace, Visual novels IS games. BY dissing an entire genre is not calling it games is terrible!

Personally I play most games who got a good plot, and if I'm not looking for plot I'm preferring finding good puzzle games.

Platform where I play games I give shit in, it does not affect the games, neither does it affect the fun you have.
Well, I thought the eroges are already too discussed in the Comments :P But yeah, I agree.

I sincerely stopped playing JRPGs after Grandia II :/

My way to rate games:

70% gameplay (this includes controls). 20% music. 10% Graphics.

Details like the plot and all that are just a plus which makes the game's experience better but it's not really that required. And I say this because I've seen a lot of cases of games which focus heavily on stories but their gameplay is crap (see: Killer 7) or you don't have enough gameplay (see: Metal Gear Solid 2/3/4 and Xenosaga).
the latest non-eroge I addicted is the Onechanbara =D
kyoushiro said:
I could finally connect my PSP and PS3 online, and so I've been coming back to online play more actively.
Try the PSN game Pain. Really fun to play online.

Been replaying old PC games while I'm waiting for the Autumn/Winter glut of releases. Currently replaying KOTOR2 as a darkside character (Do not play KOTOR2 without the TSLRP patch!)

I'm mostly interested in RPGs.
Don't game much, but playing Okami right now on PS2. Amazing game! Check it out if you've never heard of it before
WOW is all i play :)

and online turret defence games ^^
Radioactive said:
Try the PSN game Pain. Really fun to play online.
I need to find a way to buy online games on PSN. I don't have a credit card... and my PSN account is mexican, not northamerican lolol (so the US PSN prepaid cards dun work with my account).

I already had Megaman 9 and SFII HD Remix in my sight, but I guess I'll also give that Pain title a chance.
my NDS is my best friend. I'm currently working through the remake of chrono trigger. last week i played through rune factory frontier on the wii.
I mostly play JRPGs and harvest moon games when i play games at all (sometimes months go by without me playing anything)
Nintendo DS / Wii.
Sony Playstation 2 / PSP
Xbox 360

Have yet to acquire a PS3.

Currently playing Luminous Arc 2 / Halo Wars / Gears of War 2 / Halo 3 / Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions & A2 / R-Type Command / Mario Kart Wii / Metroid Prime 3 Corruption / Gradius Gaiden (Gradius Collection) / Touhou 7.5.

Yeah...I switch between those games above. All the other games I do have are just sitting in the dust since I have 100% completed them.

Of all those games, Touhou 7.5 is the hardest as of now.....freaking Remilia and Yukari.
Just got my ass owned in BlazBlue.

Holy shit, the game's been out for some weeks and there are a lot of good players already :(

Weird thing: my first victory was against a Jin player, using Rachel.
So... no one here plays on PSN? So I can add ye to my buddies' list.
kyoushiro said:
So... no one here plays on PSN? So I can add ye to my buddies' list.
Sorry it couldn't be me shiroshiro~. Even if it is possible, I doubt I have the games you have.
AZD-A9S said:
Sorry it couldn't be me shiroshiro~. Even if it is possible, I doubt I have the games you have.
It's okay lol.

Blazblue and LBP aren't the kind of "zomg mainstream" games you see. Fifa is, though.

BTW, it was hard for me to believe Fifa 2009 was superior to PSE2009, until I had the chance to try both... :O
kyoushiro said:
BTW, it was hard for me to believe Fifa 2009 was superior to PSE2009, until I had the chance to try both... :O
Which one do you think you is better?
Fifa 2009.

Konami were like "lol lazy" after Winning Eleven 8.
kyoushiro said:
Fifa 2009.

Konami were like "lol lazy" after Winning Eleven 8.
Ha ha ha. Better tell my cousin then. No wait...I'll buy it for him for his birthday. He loves Sports games.
Still Waiting for FF XIII...

Aaaaargh... I'm going crazy! Square-Enix keep delaying it!
josewhiteheart said:
Still Waiting for FF XIII...

Aaaaargh... I'm going crazy! Square-Enix keep delaying it!
Heh! They got so many other Final Fantasy games in production. How do they expect to complete those games all at once?

I do wonder which Final Fantasy I should maybe get.
I only have VII / VIII / X-2 (Never finished. Got stuck on a mission trying to find some cactuar. What the hell and why?) / Tactics (PSP as well) / Advance / A2.

Are the others worth picking up? And what about Kingdom Hearts?

Oh well. Getting better on Halo Wars which I'm a little happy about.
Also loved R-Type Command Both Endings. Gonna replay it again. It may not be a shmup but I still love it.

Does anyone have Mario Kart Wii?
Focus on FF XIII plz... lol...

I love FFT too, but not completing the Advance... A2 is cool... But the 1st FFT is the best (I think)... I miss Agrias so much...

Kingdom Heart is one of the best game i've played... Specially KH2... Very Cool...

Still Hoping if there any Chrono Cross sekuel...

I dunno much about other than RPGs...
Uhhh, I've pretty much been a gamer my entire life. Grew-up with the Sega Master System n' DOS.

Nowadays, though, all I play are Xbox Live Arcade games (don't play retail games all that much), and some PC games like Team Fortress 2.

I also get a good dose of good 'ole Super Nintendo every once in a while, too.
I grew up with Nintendo (NES). Weird that it was here on 1985 the same when I was born. Starting collecting every Nintendo System right along with SEGA. Dreamcast is the last SEGA console I collected. So now still collecting Nintendo but now with Sony (PS3 yet to acquire) and Microsoft (Xbox and Xbox 360). Can never get Mario and Sonic out of my life.

josewhiteheart...about Final Fantasy Tactics, that remains the best in my list. Tactics Advance and everything else would never top that. Every time I start a new game and get up to the point before you start the fight on the first battle on Mandalia Plains, I delete the other 5 characters and get my own female-named characters, with the right zodiac for Sagittarius (me), from the guild (PSP calls it that) to be in my team. I made a save file for that point so I don't have to do the intro fight every time when I feel like creating a new game.

The only thing I wish they fix for the PSP version of Final Fantasy Tactics is the animations lag and the sound. Everything else is great.

By the way josewhiteheart, why do you recommend FFXIII? Maybe I should go see some videos of it.
Same as me, but Ramza himself renamed with my name... the other 5 character is always FEMALE... Just to make sure there are plenty female around my team... Since only Agrias has the best look and the best female character... :) easy recruit and rename is one of my favorite feature of FFT...

Till FFTA and A2, I HATE THOSE LAWS!!! Why there's a judge in a battle of saving the world? Pointless... Maybe SE think that FFT is too easy?

Why I recommend? Female hero is pretty rare to see... As Lightning for the main character is a fresh look of FF... There are 2 official video trailer around... You should just take a look of that... Maybe you'll drooling lol...
Oh yeah forgot about Ramza. I do rename him after myself.

Hey when you are at it, don't forget to pick up a pig in Chapter 2 Story Battle [Tchigolith Fenlands] IF you ever do start over. The Pig's 3rd Stage [Wild Boar] provides a very good item called Ribbon when poached.....sounds cruel I know but Ribbons can save you from annoying status effects for your females. The Swine can get you a Chantage / Nagnarok while the Pig gives Maiden's Kiss / Cachusha. You can get Pigs in Chapter 4 from random encounters but.....well you know. You probably know more than me anyway.

Very much agree with you on the stupid law system. Also since it has Tactics in the name, you would think you could rename your characters and such like the original. I was sad when I couldn't do it.

Well then...I'll take your advice and see what's in store for FFXIII.
Wow, I do know the Ribbons, It's always here and have same effect for every FF series, Immune all abnormal statuses, but I don't know I can poach a [Wild Boar] to get it... Thanks... As I know, the pigs is pretty rare to see, when I see them I just LOL and drag them to hell...

Yeah, one more, I can't just happily choose the gender of my team... Like, the humes, It's Always a MALE... *sob*

If you ask me why I love FFT, there always characters from other FF which took a place in the story too... I haven't finish play the Advance, well do you know who is the character?

How about Star Ocean? XD or a mass party members RPG like Suikoden?
I'm surprised people still cares about FF.

I sincerely stopped caring after 3 for SNES. VIII was nice, if you ignore the horrible drama and angst and focus on collecting cards and taking full advantage of the Junction System. But out of that... meh.

FFT is a completely different thing.

Oh still playing BlazBlue. Also tempted in buying Resistance, how's it? Worth it?
I play a little bit with BlazBlue....
I'm an RPG Lover, So I dunno much other than RPGs... That's a cause why I always care about FF...

Although sometimes I also play some action game like DMC or RE

When I bored, H-Novel Games and H-JRPG like TtT or Utawarerumono is my plaything too... haha...
Hay Radio, I tried adding you to PSN :( But I think you denied my invite.

BTW I'm tempted to get Resistance. Is it worth paying 25USD for it?