Close
kyoushiro said:
Horror games? Last time I saw, Catherine was a puzzle.
it has a horror ambiance to it...
brb trying like +10 new games i got from the PSN.
kyoushiro said:
brb trying like +10 new games i got from the PSN.
Well, tell us then what you bought.
Galaga Legions DX
The 3 Prince of Persia games for the XB in HD (which also include the original PoP games).
Beyond Good and Evil HD
Back to the Future Ep.1 (eh, it's okay)
Shatter
Super Stardust HD
Auditorium
Lumines
Worms 2 Armaggedon
Assassin's Creed 2
Burnout Paradise
Prince of Persia PS3
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Yo Ryou...I mean...Kyou...um...Kyoushiro! Been a while. How's it going?

Playing Star Fox 64 3D. Good game but I wish they work on their voice acting. Sounds like they were afraid to act properly...and "epic-ly" unlike the past version. The past voices beat theirs by a good amount.

Anyway tell me how Burnout Paradise is when you get into it.
My experiences with the Demo of Burnout Paradise

So um aside from that, anyone except natsume here beside me getting:
Gears Of War 3
Otomedius Excellent (For Gradius shmup purposes)
Kirby Mass Attack?
Bought a orange box off steam, and I find the puzzles in half-life 2 somehow more challenging than in portal 2... In terms of not knowing where to go.
kiowa said:
Bought a orange box off steam, and I find the puzzles in half-life 2 somehow more challenging than in portal 2... In terms of not knowing where to go.
They have a Steam version now?
Good to know in case my 360 goes out and will take a while to get another.
Thanks for that kiowa.

By the way, which "puzzle" do you find challenging, confusing or what?
AZD-A9S said:
It's been on there for years.

Just beaten DX:HR, but it was a little disappointing plot wise.

Currently playing Dead Island, which isn't a bad game.
I heard Dead Island is average at best, and bugged as heck.

I may get Resistance 3 during this week.
kyoushiro said:
I heard Dead Island is average at best, and bugged as heck.
It's fun, but not the best game ever.
>>Burnout Paradise

Haven't played yet.
i can only play team fortress 2 on steam...

i do have killing floor... but it's kind of boring to level...
Kinda offtopic, but why doesn't Netflix have multiple audio for certain content?

I want to watch my overrated obscure animu in wapanese, not in ear-bleeding english (no offense intended to u americans, but dubs there are... subpar).

BTW, 38hours in Yakuza 3, no signs of finishing it. The game is THAT big :s
where did my comment go?... did it got deleted?... i'm sorry...
Radioactive said:
It's been on there for years.
Oh okay.

kyoushiro said:
I want to watch my overrated obscure animu in wapanese, not in ear-bleeding english (no offense intended to u americans, but dubs there are... subpar).
No problem. I agree with you.

natsumenatsu said:
where did my comment go?... did it got deleted?... i'm sorry...
What comment? What did you say?
AZD-A9S said:
Oh okay.

No problem. I agree with you.

What comment? What did you say?
it's too long to write... in a nutshell... i was kind of saying how the essence is lost when they adapt anime to fit US viewers... or they make very bad scripts to keep the essence...

kind of like dmC...

that... and an off topic excitement about the ruroni kenshin juppon gatana story arc remake...
natsumenatsu said:
See above
Oh that...well...if it was off topic and very long at that, then that could be the reason it was deleted or you thought you posted it but it didn't go through...or you hit the "Preview" button by accident and thought it was the "Post" button.

Uh...either of those three I can think of.
AZD-A9S said:
Oh that...well...if it was off topic and very long at that, then that could be the reason it was deleted or you thought you posted it but it didn't go through...or you hit the "Preview" button by accident and thought it was the "Post" button.

Uh...either of those three I can think of.
maybe... speaking of steam... try team fortress 2... it's free to play... $5 to upgrade to premium...
AZD-A9S said:
Good to know in case my 360 goes out and will take a while to get another.
Thanks for that kiowa.

By the way, which "puzzle" do you find challenging, confusing or what?
Not exactly "puzzles" I guess, for example in a scene you come across a shield blocking your path with its plug just behind it. You are supposed to unplug it with your gravity gun, but I didn't figure it out on the first glance and roamed off to look for switches or detour routes. And after a couple of minutes of fruitless exploring I began to lose track whether an area has been explored, making it a quite frustrating experience. Also I find ladders in half-life 2 quite difficult to spot, I sometimes waste quite some time looking a way to go up just for missing a ladder.
natsumenatsu said:
try team fortress 2... it's free to play... $5 to upgrade to premium...
& all the other shitty DLC that you have to get for it too.
natsumenatsu said:
maybe... speaking of steam... try team fortress 2... it's free to play... $5 to upgrade to premium...
Radioactive said:
& all the other shitty DLC that you have to get for it too.
Isn't that just a multiplayer game? You need people to play it right? No CPU bots?

kiowa said:
Not exactly "puzzles" I guess, for example in a scene you come across a shield blocking your path with its plug just behind it. You are supposed to unplug it with your gravity gun, but I didn't figure it out on the first glance and roamed off to look for switches or detour routes. And after a couple of minutes of fruitless exploring I began to lose track whether an area has been explored, making it a quite frustrating experience. Also I find ladders in half-life 2 quite difficult to spot, I sometimes waste quite some time looking a way to go up just for missing a ladder.
Ha ha! I know what you mean. The first time playing Half-Life 2 and others made me mad at times.

By the way kiowa, I can't wait for you to get to the end of Half-Life 2 Episode 2.
You gotta tell me your reaction to that "Unforgiving Battle" when you complete it.
AZD-A9S said:
Isn't that just a multiplayer game? You need people to play it right? No CPU bots?
it's quite fun actually... nevermind...
AZD-A9S said:
By the way kiowa, I can't wait for you to get to the end of Half-Life 2 Episode 2.
You gotta tell me your reaction to that "Unforgiving Battle" when you complete it.
It will likely take me quite some time since I find the game rather long compared with other shooters. I've spent 9 hours already and still 2 more chapters to go. I should be able to clear the rest quicker since I have pretty much figured out the patterns in the puzzles though.
Speaking of shooters, ever got "shooter-sick" when playing these games? I am okay with most shooters and feel all right even after playing extended hours unless when I'm tired. Some games give me some trouble, for example the over shoulder camera wobbling in gears of war makes me feel sick after continuous playing.

But half-life 2 is a nightmare. It is a amazing game, but I'm forced to keep each session short and avoid playing when feeling even a little tired or I'll feel real bad.
kiowa said:
Speaking of shooters, ever got "shooter-sick" when playing these games? I am okay with most shooters and feel all right even after playing extended hours unless when I'm tired. Some games give me some trouble, for example the over shoulder camera wobbling in gears of war makes me feel sick after continuous playing.
I nearly vomited playing Oblivion, but that's probably because it's such a horrid game.

Seriously, though, I'm starting to get worse nausea/bad gut-reactions to 1st-person games, so may have to give them up.

A way to reduce the symptoms is to get yourself an alarm clock, and set it for an hour. Then have a break for an hour etc etc
no... i haven't experienced that even with the wobbly effect... though it messes up my targeting at the first few minutes when i swap to the next game...
Now I usually get a break when a mission/chapter ends so I seldom play for more than 1 hour without getting a rest.

Something I don't understand is that I feel perfectly all right with portal 2, but quite sick with half-life 2, though they're based on the same engine.
natsumenatsu said:
it's quite fun actually... nevermind...
Um...that didn't really answer my question.
So I will assume it didn't have CPU bots and you need a human to play that game.

So that's one game I'll never play and never get any achievements there.

kiowa said:
It will likely take me quite some time since I find the game rather long compared with other shooters.
Let me know then.

kiowa said:
Speaking of shooters, ever got "shooter-sick" when playing these games?
What? Never heard of that and never experienced that...so my answer would be no.
(You know...that "wobbly" thing you mentioned may put you at risk for sea-sickness if you ever get on a boat traveling the oceans. I heard boats "wobble" so that's why I said that.)

The only thing that I may call a "sickness" for me is "Unfinished Video Game Dreams".
When I get a new game and get so into it, I get these dreams of a game I just got done playing and I'm a character of that game. When it happens, I usually go back to playing the game again.

Some of those dreams can get pleasurable or scary and painful.
Here's an example.

(I'm on my break.)
kiowa said:
Now I usually get a break when a mission/chapter ends so I seldom play for more than 1 hour without getting a rest.

Something I don't understand is that I feel perfectly all right with portal 2, but quite sick with half-life 2, though they're based on the same engine.
i hardly take a break unless i have to do something else...

well... that's just a rare occasion on these days... since i have works to attend to...

though i do get back at playing them to relieve some work related stress...

like killing floor, nazi zombies and pretty much any targets that looks most likely to get beaten up...

maybe it's all in the texture?... and design... that strains your eyes more in HL2 than in portal...
Finally, owned that Crawmerax fag at Borderlands.

Trying to get all the PS3 trophies out of this game (even though some of them are really retarded, specially the Underdome ones).

"CRITICAL, BIATCH"