« Previous Next » This post is #2 in the Megami #212 2018-01 pool.



animal_ears christmas dress fate_testarossa feet horns mahou_shoujo_lyrical_nanoha niigaki_kazunari reinforce_zwei takamachi_nanoha thighhighs yagami_hayate

Edit | Respond

Jesus, the faces ar so ugly, aside from maybe Hayate.
It really shows they tried to tone down the roundness to show that they are a bit older, but the result is horrible.
I quite like the look of the other two (particularly Fate). Hayate looks the most moe blob-ish.
This is the troll police. Stop your trolling.
TheUnspoken said:
Jesus, the faces ar so ugly, aside from maybe Hayate.
It really shows they tried to tone down the roundness to show that they are a bit older, but the result is horrible.
No, they are not ugly. You are either retarded or gay. No, they did not try to tone down the roundness. Their faces are stretching because they are surprised, and thus their jaws are dropping and eyes widening.
howard_blast said:
No, they are not ugly. You are either retarded or gay. No, they did not try to tone down the roundness. Their faces are stretching because they are surprised, and thus their jaws are dropping and eyes widening.
I'm not retarded, nor gay, what's the point of random personal insults?
And it's not even up for debate that their faces are nowhere near as round as used to be, it's intentional too, and it doesn't work. The result is very ugly.
TheUnspoken said:
I'm not retarded, nor gay, what's the point of random personal insults?
And it's not even up for debate that their faces are nowhere near as round as used to be, it's intentional too, and it doesn't work. The result is very ugly.
Bro, you are autistic. I will also assume you either don't do art or suck at art. The character designs for Reflection are barely any different at all from the original series. Roundness has not been toned down.
howard_blast said:
Bro, you are autistic. I will also assume you either don't do art or suck at art.
Right back at you, with the addition that you must have really lazy eyes, or are nearly blind. Their chin could pop a ballon for fuck's sake.
Their faces are closer to StrikerS than the original Nanoha, if anything.
TheUnspoken said:
Right back at you, with the addition that you must have really lazy eyes, or are nearly blind. Their chin could pop a ballon for fuck's sake.
Their faces are closer to StrikerS than the original Nanoha, if anything.
Lmao. Fate and Hayate's chins would both be interpreted as smoothly rounded. Only Nanoha's even has a chance of being interpreted as pointy, and that's just to stress the gesture of the stretched facial expression. Look at the same artist's other Reflection work for God's sake. https://yande.re/post/show/412129 https://yande.re/post/show/389316 Now tell me that it's less round than the original series.
Unspoken is correct, the faces display a degree of jaggedness. Howard; stop insulting others and grow up.
otakusheep said:
Unspoken is correct, the faces display a degree of jaggedness. Howard; stop insulting others and grow up.
This is why people who aren't actually skilled at art can be so obnoxious on image boards... Do yourselves a favor and pick up The Animator's Survival Kit or watch some professionals lecture about animation.
howard_blast said:
https://yande.re/post/show/412129 https://yande.re/post/show/389316 Now tell me that it's less round than the original series.
It's actually really easy to see the difference in facial structure. Especially in the 2nd post... I think we might need the troll police in here once more.
Let me just summarize the bottom line here:
Yes, this particular drawing is using more angular lines on their faces. No, this is not for the sake of making them look older. If this was true, then the character designs for the whole project (or at least every drawing done by this animator) would have this angularity in the face. The angularity is there to stress the gesture and match the way facial muscles naturally deform in real life when making strong expressions. Why am I explaining animation 101 on an image board?
I can only see one obnoxious person who disregard everyone else's perception and act as if he was some top dog in art, you know what?
You aren't, and it might have something to do with you not being able to tell away the difference between their face not being anywhere near as round as in the old Nanoha series, or how they clearly look older.
TheUnspoken said:
I can only see one obnoxious person who disregard everyone else's perception and act as if he was some top dog in art, you know what?
You aren't, and it might have something to do with you not being able to tell away the difference between their face not being anywhere near as round as in the old Nanoha series, or how they clearly look older.
Your future is bright.
How about starting a forum thread and argue in there please?
I'm guessing Howard is either about 12 years old, or bi-polar.