Why I get 100 KB/s download speed from this site again?
Anybody? it's just me? some days the speed of this site is just abysmal low.
I get 60 KB/s XD, well I don't know my normal download speed from yandre
1MiB/s to 2MiB/s @ 1Gbit connection.
bit slow but no problem with browsing and downloading all the images.
Same for me: my connection is circa 35 Mbps for DL, and tonight, Yande.re is really slow to load images after I have edited tags (the first load is as fast as expected, though). I thought that it was fixed, since the last time.
The storage server use ZFS, so there's a monthly Scrub running. When that happen, it will be kinda slow for everyone for a few days. Scrubbing is a monthly process that data storage use to make sure all files checksums are ok. (and if not, automatically heal those)
Checkmate said:
The storage server use ZFS, so there's a monthly Scrub running. When that happen, it will be kinda slow for everyone for a few days. Scrubbing is a monthly process that data storage use to make sure all files checksums are ok. (and if not, automatically heal those)
OK. Now, we’ll know that it is normal, for the next times it will happen.

Thanks for the explanation!
Checkmate said:
Oh, no wonder. I was worried yande.re had been DDOS-ed.

Thanks for explaining it to us. ^.^b
Checkmate said:
Thanks for your reply,I encountered another problem,I downloaded the new images in front of the website can get a fast download speed,But the download speed of the old images after 5000 pages is only 1Mbps.Is it because of caching?
I want to add some extra caveats:

I did what I can to reduce the impact, so there's a small cached disk in front that is separated from Scrubbing. Most popular posts and images will be cached for fast access. However, when the cached are filled, those that are viewed the least will be removed from cached drive.

That's why some images are fast, some are slow. After you load the slow one, it became fast for everyone else. This only applies to image assets, be it thumbnails, images, and full sizes. It does not apply to Pool Zips.

I plan to increase the cached drive a bit eventually.

This will answer most of your questions.
Could automatically cache all recent images(posted up to 7 days ago) also? that would make the most sense since I suppose that's where most of the traffic goes.