Close
This plugin doesn't work with CS5 64x? It worked fine on a 32x, are you still improving it Petopeto?
Yes, since it's 32-bit binary it doesn't work with PS x64.
fireattack said:
Yes, since it's 32-bit binary it doesn't work with PS x64.
Thank you fireattack.
That's my issue currently. I have to use my old CS2 for the greyc. I don't matter too much for me, as it works fine in CS2.
I don't understand why you didn't install x86 CS5 in the first place you derp. (It allows you to install both versions.)
Honestly wouldn't matter to me about this plugin not working for x64 since a lot of my other plugins wouldn't work.
First post link is, aside from on the old domain, also dead. File no longer available?
should be fixed and redirects are active.
admin2 said:
should be fixed and redirects are active.
Thanks. Once I saw the borky address it went to I fixed it by hand with no effect so yeah :)
Why GPU/CPU would give different results? Not too much though.
fireattack said:
fireattack said:
My money is on rounding errors.
I reinstalled Win7 and installed CS2 and like usual i had a whole boat load of issues trying to get the greyc to properly filter again. Even with default settings you should see a good amount of filtering done to the image. But unless i use really high parameters, i see extremely minute difference b/t the original and the filtered. Usually it takes me 2-3 reinstall for the greyc to work properly.
It doesn't work in CS6!!!! 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゜。ウァァァン
WtfCakes said:
It doesn't work in CS6!!!! 。゚(゚´Д`゚)゜。ウァァァン
Does the following work?
[Link Removed]

Compiled with the Photoshop CS6 SDK & VS2010. Not tested.

Likely still broken since the SDK files changed a lot, but who knows.

Edit: Installed Photoshop CS6. The version I posted doesn't work. Changes to the plug-in itself must be needed to stop both versions from from insta-crashing on open, and taking down Photoshop with it.
It appears that the older GraycShop r57 from August 2009 does work with CS6.

Greycshop r191 from October 2009, which I believe was the release after r57, seems to be the beginning of the crashes in CS6.
Unfortunately that version doesn't support Radeon gpu acceleration. :< (It does but, it just doesn't work properly at all.)
@WtfCakes

Try one of the following builds with your Radeon & Photoshop CS6

r57 mod with half the changes from r213 hastily merged in:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w2zkey8al6sgcoc

r213 mod with memory.cpp reverted to r57:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wd6awbwgwlnlkq6

It appears that the memory allocation method used by GreycShop r191+ is no longer compatible with CS6 in the way it was implemented. No idea which of the two builds above would be more stable.

Hopefully one of these days petopeto will decide to release a proper fix for CS6 memory allocation, or better yet, a x64 version.
Ah sweetness, both work and give exact same results as the original r213. Thanks man!
If they both work well, I'm now thinking I'd recommend sticking with the r213 mod. It has the least modified files, as well as the r213 separate process stuff which should allow it to process larger images.

On Win7 x64 with CS6 x86, it seems to be able to handle up to the following dimensions for freshly opened images:

B5 8-bit @ 13308x18784 (1856 ppi)
B5 16-bit @ 10074x14220 (1405 ppi)

A4 8-bit @ 13312x18766 (1604 ppi)
A4 16-bit @ 10110x14250 (1218 ppi)

8-bit @ 16384x16384
16-bit @ 11648x11648

That it can just barely handle A4 16-bit (48-bit color) scans @1200 ppi is the only interesting limit out of the above, considering 1200 ppi is the optical resolution of many scanners.

You probably need at least 6GB of RAM to reach these limits though.
(Photoshop 3GB + Greyc Helper 1.4GB + Windows OS 1GB)
Cyberbeing said:
@WtfCakes

Try one of the following builds with your Radeon & Photoshop CS6

r57 mod with half the changes from r213 hastily merged in:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w2zkey8al6sgcoc

r213 mod with memory.cpp reverted to r57:
http://www.mediafire.com/?wd6awbwgwlnlkq6

It appears that the memory allocation method used by GreycShop r191+ is no longer compatible with CS6 in the way it was implemented. No idea which of the two builds above would be more stable.

Hopefully one of these days petopeto will decide to release a proper fix for CS6 memory allocation, or better yet, a x64 version.
Just wondering, where can i find the source (if it's open source)?
Isnt it in the parent post? Say forum #2007
fireattack said:
Isnt it in the parent post? Say forum #2007
you mean https://yande.re/GreycShop-src.zip ?
I thought it is host in a CVS/SVN repository as there are revision numbers mentioned?
Unfortunately, petopeto never created a public remote repository for GreycShop.
url updated + fixes
I just installed photoshop CS2 on my computer (windows vista) and followed the directions for the Greycstoration plugin, but nothing shows up in the filters section or filter help section.
  • Delete the plugin from your plugin folder, close CS2 and extract the GreyC plugin into the folder again and run CS2 again. Try this again a few times. Next time, when you setting your GreyC parameters, set them high and see if that is GreyC is affecting your image and giving noticeable changes.
  • Set the the strength higher and the gaussian blur. Lastly for me, most of the time those steps don't work and i mostly reinstall CS2 and unzip the Greyc and test it once again. Only takes me 1 reinstall for it to work correctly, usually.
  • If you can only see noticeable filtering changes from only the high parameter settings it's still not working. You don't want to be working from Greyc where you have to set the values high to get results.
Use these settings to see if you have any changes
http://snag.gy/xBE8i.jpg
StardustKnight said:
I just installed photoshop CS2 on my computer (windows vista) and followed the directions for the Greycstoration plugin, but nothing shows up in the filters section or filter help section.
What version, x86 or x64? Greyc only supports x86.
I don't believe the free edition Adobe offers comes in 64bit
fireattack said:
What version, x86 or x64? Greyc only supports x86.
Its in the program files (x86) folder

aoie_emesai said:
  • Delete the plugin from your plugin folder, close CS2 and extract the GreyC plugin into the folder again and run CS2 again. Try this again a few times. Next time, when you setting your GreyC parameters, set them high and see if that is GreyC is affecting your image and giving noticeable changes.
  • Set the the strength higher and the gaussian blur. Lastly for me, most of the time those steps don't work and i mostly reinstall CS2 and unzip the Greyc and test it once again. Only takes me 1 reinstall for it to work correctly, usually.
  • If you can only see noticeable filtering changes from only the high parameter settings it's still not working. You don't want to be working from Greyc where you have to set the values high to get results.
Use these settings to see if you have any changes
http://snag.gy/xBE8i.jpg
I deleted and unzipped it at least 10 times and still nothing, also the Unsharp Mask 2 doesn't show up either. I even re-installed photoshop and still nothing. Is there anything I should update or add to fix this problem?
put them in
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Filters\" or similar dir. For greyc don't forget "Greyc-helper.bin" file.

And there're under filter menu in OS (very bottom).
It works for me in CS5, not sure about CS2.

Copy the plug in. If there is a .dll, copy the entire folder containing both the .8BF and .dll to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Plug-ins\Filters

Right-click Adobe Photoshop CS5 icon (PLAIN... NOT the 64)
Left-click Properties
Compatibility Tab
Check: Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Check: Run this program as an administrator
OK
Launch Adobe Photoshop CS5 (plain... not the 64)

Your old plug-ins should now be available.... but, only in the 32 bit version.
Once you see the filter, you can undo the compatibility mode.